Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarenceCM3
    In your opinion what makes ogg better then mp3.
    OGG has better sound per kilobyte than MP3. I can fit 3x more 80kbps OGGs than 192kbps MP3s on my SD Card without a loss in quality. It's also an open-source, royalty free codec.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    OGG has better sound per kilobyte than MP3. I can fit 3x more 80kbps OGGs than 192kbps MP3s on my SD Card without a loss in quality. It's also an open-source, royalty free codec.
    Yep, it's a combination of the two:

better quality for small files and open source.

Supposedly MP3Pro is about as good with small files, but I went to oggs before MP3Pro was available, and I'm too lazy to recode all of them.

I guess I'll stick with PTunes
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  3.    #23  
    for anyone interested in learning more about TCPMP:

http://corecodec.com/modules.php?op=...viewforum&f=25

Picard, the brilliant creator of TCPMP monitors that forum.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    AeroPlayer will allow you to play OGG files without registering. Now, if you want to play AAC or MP3... $$$
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
    is there an mp3 player that will allow you to use the d-pad buttons when you are in backround mode or when the screen blanks out. I have pocket deluxe and it does not.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by menachh
    is there an mp3 player that will allow you to use the d-pad buttons when you are in backround mode or when the screen blanks out. I have pocket deluxe and it does not.
    these are the elements that I want in a Treo MP3 interface:

d-pad UP/Down: choice of using it for volume control or track navigation

option of using the side ring volume rocker for music volume control

d-pad LEFT/RIGHT: track fast forward / reverse -- or skipping between tracks

The software should have the option of having control of which of these keys to be alive even when the Treo is in a "locked" state.

The other locked state option should be one where no accidental key press affects the music playing in background.

When getting an incoming call the software should pause the music and send an apropriate alert tone to the headset.

After the call terminates, the music should resume where it paused.
    Just downloaded TCPMP, Now where can I get video to play on it and what do I need to do to get video to play? I have a 1gb SD card.
    TIA
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    Just downloaded TCPMP, Now where can I get video to play on it and what do I need to do to get video to play? I have a 1gb SD card.
    TIA
    Look in the Multimedia section of this forum. It's been covered.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    TIA

I'm new at this myself -- but in the brief moment I've got, the obvious thing is that you've got to import a video file small enough to fit onto that card.

Lets suppose you found via bit torrent an episode of some tv show you like. If its small enough you could literally drag it directly to the SD card if your PC had an SD card reader. TCPMP can play most video formats.

The quick install part of the Palm desktop can import video in the .mpg format and convert to a smaller sized format. The file gets transferred --slowly-- when you do a sync. (it won't do that with an .avi video.)

I (or others) can give you more help later. I have links that I can later post that describe the process of importing converting/compressing video.

With TCPMP the Treo does surprisingly good at playing movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    I did. It don't.

(dioplayer doesn't play oggs)

TCPMP plays oggs try the current version
    Palm Pro < Palm III < Palm IIIx < Palm IIIe < Palm VII < Handspring Visor < Sony PEG s320 < Kyocera 6035 < Samsung i300 < Palm TC < Sprint 650 < LifeDrive < Sprint Treo 700p < Sprint Treo 755p < Sprint Centro
    i have .65 tcpmp and i downloaded the ogg codec.

Now when i load up .ogg files in the transfer through hotsync program, it keeps giving an error message saying something like, non palm file, and it dosnt transfer .ogg's to the memory card. Now on my laptop i have a biult in sd card slot, and i threw an .ogg file on the card, and popped it in my treo, and tcpmp played it, no problem.

Has anyone else had this issue? where palm software wont let you sync .ogg files?
  12.    #32  
    palm similarly won't hot sync avi files -- but if you import them directly through the PC's SD card reader, TCPMP plays the avi files fine.
    ok, so its actually a problem that all palm users have... thanks for that info
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Maybe with the announcement of the Multimedia PDA category, they'll update the desktop software. I just use a card reader.
    HS visor Deluxe (Blue) & Palm IIIx ► HS visor Prism & visorPhone ►P1 T|T & SE T68i ► Tapwave Zodiac2 & P1 Treo 650 GSM ►Treo 680 unlocked ► Sprint Pre(-)►TouchPad & Sprint FrankenPre2 VZW

I will leave Palm/webOS only after kicking, screaming and wrecking anything on my way out.

- (Sigh)... It died.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12