Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I too was very frustrated with vindigo disapearing every few days. As an experiment, I stopped updating it through a hotsync (Mac running Missing Sync and OS X 10.4.3).

In the month that I have ONLY been updating Vindigo wirelessly, I have not had a single problem. This includes adding and deleting cities wirelessly.

You mileage may very. I too gave up on Avantgo and now rely on (and love) Quick News.

Good luck!
    For me Wireless sync crashes every time so as izzideluxe says your mileage may vary.

This is too funny. I contacted Vindigo Support for this and several other issues. They replied by including these treo central threads. OK so at least they are reading the threads. Too bad they aren't fixing anything.

Anyone know a good replacement for the Vindigo Maps feature. That is the only thing I will miss in this application. They had a very nice NYC map.
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    http://www.rgps.com
    Quote Originally Posted by rgps
    For me Wireless sync crashes every time so as izzideluxe says your mileage may vary.

This is too funny. I contacted Vindigo Support for this and several other issues. They replied by including these treo central threads. OK so at least they are reading the threads. Too bad they aren't fixing anything.

Anyone know a good replacement for the Vindigo Maps feature. That is the only thing I will miss in this application. They had a very nice NYC map.
    I use Vindigo (NYC), wired sync, with Zlauncher, storing Vindigo on my SD card - it syncs perfectly every time, I just have to move the updated Vindigo to my card and overwrite the old version. I don't know what I do right, but other than the few second recall delay, it works great!
    rgps, if you only need the map then Tube 2 Pro provides a much better street + subway application.

http://www.visualit.co.uk/Palm/palm_Tube2_nycpro.htm

Personally I use both (Vindigo for the content and Tube 2 for the mapping)

Enjoy.
  5. Tdc
    for those who store a backup copy of Vindigo.prc (is it really only 4.0k?) on SD - how do you "copy" it back to internal memory? The only way I can do it is with FileZ and then when I hit the Vindigo icon I get a message to sync vindigo and when you hit ok the program closes. If you're on the fly this is pretty useless. Do you use some other program (like zlauncher or backup buddy) to copy it to internal memory? Is this the right file, 4k does seem small.
    Thanks
    I do not keep Vindigo on the SD Card - and it disappears about 1 a week or so ... I don't ever sync wirelessly. I only have 1 city & not all that much info (no music, museums, etc). Yesterday after a crash (soft reset) I noticed it had disappeared ... maybe it's only after a crash? Haven't paid that close attention yet!
    I know this is an old thread, but I have this disappearing Vindigo issue from time to time - and am interested in keeping a copy of Vindigo.prc on my SD card. How exactly do I do this? I found my Vindigo.prc file in the vindigo folder in my program files (w/in a palm folder) .. do I just throw this on the quick install in the expansion card area - and sync? But don't launch it from the card? And if I need it, move to internal memory?
    Julie,

When Vindigo disapears, I "restore' it by using Backup Buddy VFS. Using the advanced option in restore, I just restore the 13 (I think) files related to Vindigo. I then do a wireless update and I'm good until the next time Vindigo disapears.

I'm using a Sprint Treo 650.

I know this is not an elegant or cheap solution, but it works for me.

Good luck.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I just upgraded from a 600 to a 700p and it has started happening to me as well.
    I'm not sure if Vindigo is even compatible with the 700p. It never seemed to have active support, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if it just plain won't work. For most of us, it's always been a very flaky program. I personally gave up on it many months ago and deleted it.

Not sure what channels you were particularly interested in, but the built-in app On Demand delivers some of the same content. Not sure if On Demand is specific to Sprint. It probably is and wouldn't help you if you have a Verizon 700p.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Vindigo support exists, but it's pretty much a legacy app for Palm at this point. I think they're more focused on other types mobile content for cellphones instead of smartphones.

I don't think it's been updated in a couple of years - not even hi-res or 5-way compatible. Sad

I got a free 6 month extension for *****ing about this same problem, but they don't make announcements until products are launched. I'm done with Vindigo after my extension runs out in November.
    Vindigo is one of the many reasons why I converted from the 700W to the P once in became available. Not only is it completely compatible with the P, it has only disappeared once from my Treo in the 4+ months that I've been puting this thing through its paces. Vindigo performs as well or better on the 700 as compared to the 650 AFAIE.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234