1.    #1  
    So I accidentally got my year-old Tre0 600 wet while biking this morning. The water must have gotten into the buttons, because the poor thing was going crazy as though someone was pounding all the buttons at once. I fetched my trusty T6 torx screwdriver and popped the treo open and cleaned all the water out. I carefully put it back together, but now when I hit the power button on the top, I get a blue screen and nothing else. The power button turns the blue screen on and off, but there's no response from any other keys.

Is my Treo just dead at this point? I've been thinking about a 650 anyway, but I'd love to save the 600 if at all possible.

Edit - I've tried both a soft reset and a hard reset. No dice. Same old blue screen.
    Worst thing to do with a wet electronic devcie is "turn it on" to see what happened. Dry it out for 24 hours + before attemptong a turn on.
    [QUOTE=CambAngst]So I accidentally got my year-old Tre0 600 wet while biking this morning. The water must have gotten into the buttons, because the poor thing was going crazy as though someone was pounding all the buttons at once. I fetched my trusty T6 torx screwdriver and popped the treo open and cleaned all the water out.QUOTE]

Try this thread. Hope it helps man!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=beer
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the replies, but I don't think the problem is the water. That's all gone now. I dried the inside carefully while I had it open. This problem is that now the screen only shows blue and it doesn't respond to any of the buttons. I followed the directions from the directions from PDAParts.com for opening up the case as carefully as I could, but I think I might have messed up a connection or something while I had the case open. The Treo still makes occasional beeps and it does respond to the power switch by the screen lighting up and turning blue. I think I'll open it up again later and mess with it some more. I really can't screw it up any worse at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by CambAngst
    Thanks for the replies, but I don't think the problem is the water. That's all gone now.
    The question I think is not whether it is wet now but whether, at any time while there was water in there, did you power it on ? If electricity was flowing thru the circuits while it was wet, you coulda fried something. Most people panic and the first thing they do is try the device after gettng it wet. Better recourse is to NOT turn it on.....let it dry out and then turn it on.

I have put electronics (i.e. keyboards) in the dishwasher after my kids have spilled sticky drinks in them. They don't mind the bath....assuming you let them dry overnight....but water touching both power and ground when electricity goes thru those circuits tends to make things smoke.
    I think you should forget it and get another phone at this point. Sounds like it's gone. A qualified repair person should have been the only person to open it up, because it got wet. Couldn't you have given yourself a shock opening a wet electronic?

Too many similar stories like this are why I'm keeping my phone in a protective case.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!