Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    It appears that with the update to firmware 1.23 there is a new version of Versamail - 3.0c.
    What are the differences you have noticed in Versamail 3.0c.

The biggest drawback I had with Versamail was the inability to send from a different e-mail address. I like to send business e-mail from my business e-mail address. Not just the reply-to but the appearance of who it comes from. Most of all I don't want it come from an e-mail address that includes my cell number This shortcoming convinced me to go to SnapperMail which has worked well.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Versamail has always allowed the use of a different "FROM" address. When you setup the account, it is on the screen after you enter your mail server ID and password, its the field called "email address". There you enter whatever address you want, not necesarily tied to the account you entered in the previous screen. Then, under Preferences, Reply Options you can choose your full name (like John Doe) and a custom email address. You can also include custom signatures in the Preferences Signatures option.

As for 3.0c improvements, I have no clue, but one can hope they've been listening...
    Last edited by ZBoater; 05/01/2005 at 11:15 AM.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    Versamail has always allowed the use of a different "FROM" address. When you setup the account, it is on the screen after you enter your mail server ID and password, its the field called "email address". There you enter whatever address you want, not necesarily tied to the account you entered in the previous screen. Then, under Preferences, Reply Options you can choose your full name (like John Doe) and a custom email address. You can also include custom signatures in the Preferences Signatures option.

As for 3.0c improvements, I have no clue, but one can hope they've been listening...
    Thanks ZBoater...I'll give it a try.
    how to setup gmail in order to use is in versa mail??????
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    My Gmail works with these settings:

Account Name: Gmail
    Mail Service: Other
    Protocol: POP
    -----
    Username: youremailname@gmail.com
    Password: your password (it will show "-Assigned-" once entered)
    -----
    Email address: youremailname@gmail.com
    Incoming Mail Server: pop.gmail.com
    Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.gmail.com
    -----
    Advanced Settings
    -----
    Incoming Server Settings:
    Port Number: 995
    check-off Use Secure Connection (SSL)
    do not check Use Authentication (APOP)
    -----
    Outgoing Server Settings:
    Port Number: 587

check-off Use Secure Connection (SSL)
    check-off Use authentication (ESMTP)
    Username: youremailname@gmail.com
    Password: your password (it will show "-Assigned-" once entered)

That should do it!
    Good Luck...
    thanks.... it works!!!!! great dude....
    Anyone notice Versamail suddenly got really slow after the update? I am not sure if it is my setup, or the update, or my Treo, or Earthlink, but suddenly, after updating, I have noticed the following:

1. scrolling in versamail is slow, real slow. Deleting messages seems to help.
    2. if I delete messages, it takes forever (10 seconds to several minutes).
    3. If I then empty the trash, and try to delete on the server, it takes even longer, and does not really seem to delete on the server (as soon as I get messages again, all of my trash reappears in my in-box)?

Do I just have some corrupted setup? Is this an Earthlink issue? Anyone else see anything like it?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    For Sprint customers, Versamail 3.0c came in the 1.08 update. Before I had various random resets, after the update it's been pretty solid for me. There are no "obvious" feature differences but the stability definately improved.