Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If one were to buy the clear model, would the IR be powerful enough to transmit/receive THROUGH the skin?
  2. ajg
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    So I have had the case for two days..

Love the skin; hate the plastic holster....

For me the perfect solution would be to glue a regular swivel clip knob onto the back of the skin. Does anyone know if you can apply glue (maybe epoxy) to the Speck skin?
    do anyone know if it would fit on the treo 600
    Got the case two days ago... very nice, so far it is the best case I've had (have been lusting for Vaja, but haven't tried them). The holster is nice... I hate cases with a nob on them... this makes it self-contained by itself and can use the holster if desired.

I have a sillicon case for my ipod and this material is definitively better.

Only one concern is durability of screen lid. Will probably scratch and or break the knobs that hold it in place (not willingly, of course )

Art
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by bioart
    Got the case two days ago... very nice, so far it is the best case I've had (have been lusting for Vaja, but haven't tried them). The holster is nice... I hate cases with a nob on them... this makes it self-contained by itself and can use the holster if desired.

I have a sillicon case for my ipod and this material is definitively better.

Only one concern is durability of screen lid. Will probably scratch and or break the knobs that hold it in place (not willingly, of course )

Art
    Can you explain more

1. What do you mean "with a nob" ?
    2. Why do you think it is "self contained by itself "
    I just got my case in clear yesterday. I love the material..thicker than the case sold here. The buttons are easy to use. I like having the sd card covered so I don't lose it. I also like the holster, it holds the treo closer and doesn't stick way out like most cases. I also like the plastic screen cover. It is easily removeable and provides extra protection. I've bought (too many) 10 cases for my treo, and I think this is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmgal
    I just got my case in clear yesterday. I love the material..thicker than the case sold here. The buttons are easy to use. I like having the sd card covered so I don't lose it. I also like the holster, it holds the treo closer and doesn't stick way out like most cases. I also like the plastic screen cover. It is easily removeable and provides extra protection. I've bought (too many) 10 cases for my treo, and I think this is the best.
    Again- the number one question is- can IR signals transmit THROUGH the skin? It was noted here in an earlier post that the IR port is covered. Any way to test this? A question to Speck about this has gone unanswered...
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Just ordered mine and will offer comments after it arrives.
    -CD-
    I don't know if the ir works through the skin...I will try to test it.
    Quote:

Can you explain more

1. What do you mean "with a nob" ?
    2. Why do you think it is "self contained by itself "

--

I find The nobs in the back of cases (used to attach to belt holder/etc) to be unsightly. With them, I can't lay the phone flat on its back. I like to have a protective case that can go straight into a holster.

What I mean by self-contained is that it is a case you can use by itself if you don't want to use the holster and it will work great. Try putting a case with a nob on your pocket and you usually get a case of jean "nipple" or something like that

Art
    Newton->Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism->Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 755p->Touch Pro->Palm Pre!
    Heres my profesional, well written, detailed review starting on 5-13-05
    http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...913#post339913
    Modest, arent I
    my two cents:

I hated this case... aside from all the complaints previously listed (which are all correct), it is also poorly built! The clip broke within 1 week! I really don't think that the skin fits all that well myself... and yes, the omission of the SD slot was pretty stupid, easy fix or not!
    My 3 cents, I also hated this case!
    I've had this case for over a week. While it does work, It isn't that great.

the Bad:
    - as everyone before me has mentioned, the plastic case feels (and is) cheap. The clip isn't very solid and since it doesn't spin freely so it gets knocked around quite abit.
    - the screen protector falls off! What good is that? Also when open it doesn't stay in place so it contantly gets in your way when using the stylis. Leaving it off isn't an option becasue 1 the two hinges in the skin protrude and 2 when the phone gets placed into the holster the screen gets pushed into the back of the holster.
    - and yes, the skin doesn't seem to fit very well so the unit moves aroundly slightly. Plus the feel of the buttons is gone. Especially on the 5-way nav.

the Subjective:
    - the skin covers the card slot. This I like. I've got a 2 gig tucked in there and don't swap it out that often. Plus the security of keeping it safely in place is a comfort.

the Good:
    - I personally really like the feel of the skin and think that it protect the phone fairly well.
    - The holster sits pretty close to my hip which is nice.

Not really worth the 30+ bucks I paid for it.
    Oh well.
    -CD-
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12