1.    #1  
    I am now on my second treo 650 and am completely lost as to why and how it has so many problems. I have attempted to read many of the threads on this board, but do not see any proposed solutions to my particular problems. Maybe I haven't searched hard enough, but there are so many threads to sort through it may be close to impossible. I would greatly appreciate any advice or help that can be offered. I am so frustrated with my phone and have lost almost all hope with it.

My symptoms are:

Phone freezes continuously on call waiting, incomming calls, on startup, and many other occasions that I can particularly discribe.

Phone turns off automatically and resets. I have no idea why it shuts off sometimes and will not restart. I have to open the battery door and remove/replace the battery to get the phone to respond.

The earpiece volume on the phone is very low.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
    Which 650 do you have? Sprint, Cingular or P1 unlocked?
    I had exactly the same problems as you. I banged by head against the wall for a week before getting the phone replaced. This new one works like a dream. Sure a few resets here and there but is totally usable, unlike my last one.

I'm running a locked Cingular with stock firmware. I had put 1.21 on my last phone and it did not seem to help.

I'd go get a third one! Ask for one from a new shipment as they might has a bad batch.

Good luck and the phone is worth the trouble. You'll love it once you get a working one!
    Before you got the 650,did you have some other palm-based phone device? Like did you have a 600 or a Treo300 or a Kyocera 7135 or anything like that? Just curious.
    You may know where I'm headed with this - if you had one of those prior devices, and if you just HotSynced the 650 to the same profile and same PC, without taking out the previous backup folder, then you'll have problems.
    Let me know what the scoop is on that end. if you had nothing before at all, then I'd say you just got some kind of a lemon....
    Quote Originally Posted by eatadicktreo
    ...My symptoms are:

Phone freezes continuously on call waiting, incomming calls, on startup, and many other occasions that I can particularly discribe.

Phone turns off automatically and resets. I have no idea why it shuts off sometimes and will not restart. I have to open the battery door and remove/replace the battery to get the phone to respond.

The earpiece volume on the phone is very low.

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
    Your best bet is to try the phone clean first to see if it works reliably. If it does, then move on to the next step. If it doesnt, return it. Check these two threads for some ideas:

Newbie FAQ

Treo 650 Troubleshooting 101
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Ya mine had the problems with a fresh hard reset.
    Also see this link... I had the same problem too...this is the solution for Treo resets on incoming call

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(38867),ts=Palm_External2001#ringer