Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    My old phone beeped continuously as a reminder if I either had an unread text message, missed phone call, or new voicemail. I know all the 650 do is display a textbox. Is there software that does this for you? I couldn't find anything (didn't try that hard either. just googled alerts and treo). Some people might fine what I'm looking for annoying but I don't like to turn on my treo just to see if I missed anything.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky Egg Foo
    My old phone beeped continuously as a reminder if I either had an unread text message, missed phone call, or new voicemail. I know all the 650 do is display a textbox. Is there software that does this for you? I couldn't find anything (didn't try that hard either. just googled alerts and treo). Some people might fine what I'm looking for annoying but I don't like to turn on my treo just to see if I missed anything.
    Check out Butler


    www.hobbyistsoftware.com

    One of the first apps developed here for the 600 and updated fully for the 650. It does what you want and much more. Read more in the forums.
  3.    #3  
    Hmm..didn't know Butler could do that. Just thought it was a alarm and key launcher program.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chunky Egg Foo
    Hmm..didn't know Butler could do that. Just thought it was a alarm and key launcher program.
    hmmm...it sure does
  5. #5  
    I think Treo Alert Manager works better. I have used Butler as well. Treo Alert Manager gives visual and auditory alert for missed calls, voicemail, and messages continuously at specified intervals like a pager. Butler (in my experience) would only repeat alert for specified # of times.
  6. #6  
    Have you noticed any battery life problems with Treo Alert Manager? When I tried it, it seemed to keep the phone awake constantly. Normally at the end of the day I'm at 92-95% on my battery (I don't talk on it much really) and I was down to 80% or so after using Treo Alert Manager.
  7. #7  
    I've used TAM since the Treo 600 was out and haven't noticed any sucking up of power. Then again, I'm usually in a position to dismiss the alert soon after it is activated.
    LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Have you noticed any battery life problems with Treo Alert Manager? When I tried it, it seemed to keep the phone awake constantly. Normally at the end of the day I'm at 92-95% on my battery (I don't talk on it much really) and I was down to 80% or so after using Treo Alert Manager.
    I haven't experienced any difference in battery life after installing TAM. I am also a heavy phone user and use bluetooth headset most of the day.

Posting Permissions