1.    #1  
    I just bought my treo 650 and I am considering installing applications. However, my laptop that I will use exclusively with the Treo 650 is arriving in a week. Should I wait? Should I install applications using my home computer or wait until I recive my laptop? How hard is it to switch from the PC to the laptop. Is this even an issue? Thanks. New to Treo 650 and loving it.
    IMO, you should wait, If you're using the laptop exclusively, you would want to sync with that. There's no use installing Palm software and syncing to the desktop if you're not going to be using the desktop anymore.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soultaker
    I just bought my treo 650 and I am considering installing applications. However, my laptop that I will use exclusively with the Treo 650 is arriving in a week. Should I wait? Should I install applications using my home computer or wait until I recive my laptop? How hard is it to switch from the PC to the laptop. Is this even an issue? Thanks. New to Treo 650 and loving it.
    It wont matter either way. If you plan on using software that requires a syncing conduit you will have to reinstall those titles on your laptop, but your data on the Treo will be uneffected.
    I backup to one laptop and install from two. It really makes no difference other than the problem of where the file is. I got smart one day and put everything on one machine and install from any machine on the network. I also use Pilot Install to install files to the Treo. If you have a home network, that's one way of looking at it.

Also, there is little difference in the performance between my desktop machine and my laptop, both are power machines. We are running a Belkin Pre-N wireless router with an 802.11 54g network card in her laptop and a Pre-N card in mine. The Pre-N really sails along.
  5.    #5  
    bclinger, thats the same setup I am putting in my office. Belkin Pre-N router and cards.

I will install these applications then. When I have the laptop, I will reinstall applications (ones that sync) including Palm desktop on the laptop and then sync from the Treo to the laptop. After this I am set. Did I miss something? I plan on using agendus pro so this is the program I want to install.
    No problems from what I see. You will find that using Pilot Install installed on the machines you will be installing from goes a long way toward installing programs as needed and make sure that it is set up as the default Palm program installer. When doing your reinstall to the laptop, make sure you check your settings for appropriate write/overwrite from the Palm to the desktop and visa-versa.

I have been using this setup for a long time and love it. I just wish I could master doing the over-the-Internet backup. Hours spent on that...

Ben