1.    #1  
    Ive got the unlimited data plan with cingular. Does anyone know of a hack or program to have text messages (sent or recieved) go through the internet somehow instead of using your text messages? I seem to always go over my text message limit.

thanks!

myke
    Quote Originally Posted by Myyke
    Ive got the unlimited data plan with cingular. Does anyone know of a hack or program to have text messages (sent or recieved) go through the internet somehow instead of using your text messages? I seem to always go over my text message limit.

thanks!

myke

just send them through AIM. I have a category on my buddy list just for cell phones. You can send and receive right as if it was a normal IM. when you add the buddy, where you put their username, just put: +1 and their entire 10 digit phone number. but dont put any spaces, it should look like this:

+14445556677

As far as receiving goes, send your friends a txt message through aim and tell them the save the account number that is displayed in the "from" area of the text message. then they can just text message right back to you on aim without you having to send them a message first.

Of course, you have to be on aim constantly now, but with unlimited data, that should hardly be an issue.

I wonder if you can set up a specific alert to sound off when you get a mesaage from one of your text messaging friends? Probably will investigate that more.
  3.    #3  
    are you using AOL 3.3? I will have to investigate my friends saving my aol id number when i send them a text message cause I beleive that changes. I know I've got one of my aim screen names to forward the im to my cell phone if i sign off and sometimes they have the same id number, i realize this because its in the same conversation window as someone whos sent me a message before.. HMMM
    are you using AOL 3.3? I will have to investigate my friends saving my aol id number when i send them a text message cause I beleive that changes. I know I've got one of my aim screen names to forward the im to my cell phone if i sign off and sometimes they have the same id number, i realize this because its in the same conversation window as someone whos sent me a message before.. HMMM
    I dont use aol. just aim (it works on any of the newer versions). My account number has never changed (im sure this is tied to your screen name), so that isnt a worry, for me at least.

Aol/aim unveiled this sms feature about a year ago. i use it daily without so much as a single problem. of course the downside is you always need an internet connection. and if you arent signed in/online and someone tries to text you, it will send them a message that you arent online. but really, im on aim for almost all my waking hours, so its not so much an issue for me.

give it a whirl, i pretty much dont even use sms on my phone because of this.
  5.    #5  
    if you get a phone call do you have to sign back onto aim?
    if you get a phone call do you have to sign back onto aim?
    no sir. i use verichat and it works in the background, no matter what youre doing.

come on johnpeters, it's time for you to pipe up here, i could really use your biased support about now :-D
  7.    #7  
    i went to handango and verichat is only for msn and yahoo, not aim...
    you need to do a little more research besides on handango my friend. they's lyin to you. palm gear is probably the best aside from the actual developer websites.

http://www.pdaapps.com/verichat/sys.html - the bottom part of that page will be of great interest to you.
  9.    #9  
    i installed it but it doesnt go for 5 minutes before it disconnects and i dont see an autoreconnect option on here anywhere.. im on cingular and ive had no problem with my gprs connection lately. is this a known issue?
    Last edited by Myyke; 05/07/2005 at 07:30 PM.