Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i fixed the link... sorry
    yeah.. when i ordered mine..it was 2200 for $35.. and mine says 2200 on it..
    they now show a 2000 for $29
    weird
    I also bought the one from Factory Direct for $35, and it is a 2200. I think $60 is a tad expensive for that battery IMO...
    I wonder if Lion will match the $35 price?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    I wonder if Lion will match the $35 price?
    No there is no plans of matching the price at this time.

We are aware that there are less expensive products out on the market. And we know that these models do fill a market need. However, Mugen Power is a company that has been around making batteries since 1979. They have earned a reputation of quality products.

The PalmOne OEM battery for the Treo 650 is selling for $59.99 and it is only a 1800mAh battery. Why would someone buy a PalmOne original battery and not a third-party battery? For quality and compatibility.

If PalmOne's battery is $59.99, how can a third-party company sell a battery of higher capacity for less then half the price? There has to be something noticeably different. It cannot be chalked up to improved manufacturing processes or raw material discounts. The first thing that comes to mind is quality may be suffering. And I'm not saying that the $30 battery is of poor quality! It is just that at such a big price difference, there has to be a logical reason.

So, coming back to our Mugen Power version of the battery. Our retail price similar to PalmOne's price and yet we've increased the capacity by 22%. I can guarantee you that there will be no way we'll come close to selling these batteries at the $30 level. This is below the manufacturing cost. So, I wonder, what quality components are used in this battery? And, what type of warranty can you get? Our batteries come with a 1-year warranty.

So, to sum it up... We know that there are less expesive products on the market and we are not out to compete to be the cheapest product. Our goal is to offer quality problem-free batteries that will work for a long time.

And, remember, we only sell batteries. We do not sell cases, stylii, headphones, etc. We sell batteries. And only batteries. Why? Because that is what we do best. If someone has a problem with their battery, we can answer from experience, because we know batteries.

Mark
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by pkjv
    uhm.... the picture shows 2000mAh (also shows item no. HLI-TE600, maybe it is so new that the picture for the 650 is not added yet...).

Anybody that gave this a try and compared it to standard battery life?
    Yeah, we don't have an official photo yet. We'll get it up on Monday/Tuesday.

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion Battery

We are aware that there are less expensive products out on the market. And we know that these models do fill a market need. However, Mugen Power is a company that has been around making batteries since 1979. They have earned a reputation of quality products.

The PalmOne OEM battery for the Treo 650 is selling for $59.99 and it is only a 1800mAh battery. Why would someone buy a PalmOne original battery and not a third-party battery? For quality and compatibility.

If PalmOne's battery is $59.99, how can a third-party company sell a battery of higher capacity for less then half the price? There has to be something noticeably different. It cannot be chalked up to improved manufacturing processes or raw material discounts. The first thing that comes to mind is quality may be suffering. And I'm not saying that the $30 battery is of poor quality! It is just that at such a big price difference, there has to be a logical reason.

So, coming back to our Mugen Power version of the battery. Our retail price similar to PalmOne's price and yet we've increased the capacity by 22%. I can guarantee you that there will be no way we'll come close to selling these batteries at the $30 level. This is below the manufacturing cost. So, I wonder, what quality components are used in this battery? And, what type of warranty can you get? Our batteries come with a 1-year warranty.

So, to sum it up... We know that there are less expesive products on the market and we are not out to compete to be the cheapest product. Our goal is to offer quality problem-free batteries that will work for a long time.

And, remember, we only sell batteries. We do not sell cases, stylii, headphones, etc. We sell batteries. And only batteries. Why? Because that is what we do best. If someone has a problem with their battery, we can answer from experience, because we know batteries.

Mark

Point well made, and now I'm starting to wonder about my battery.
    The only flaw in your reasoning is that $59.99 is the msrp for the original Treo battery; however the fact is that they can be bought at many stores for less than $30.00. $35.00 for a 2200mah battery is reasonable, $60+ is a ripoff

If PalmOne's battery is $59.99, how can a third-party company sell a battery of higher capacity for less then half the price? There has to be something noticeably different. It cannot be chalked up to improved manufacturing processes or raw material discounts. The first thing that comes to mind is quality may be suffering. And I'm not saying that the $30 battery is of poor quality! It is just that at such a big price difference, there has to be a logical reason....

Mark
    Lion Battery thanks for releasing the info. Even though this weekend I am down in Montreal, next weekend I think i will travel down to the St-Jean location to see this battery in person and such. With your allowance of course

OH SNAP! you guys are closed saturday and sunday...dang it

but if it could, would you be able to meet in St Jean next saturday?

Mark
    Your logic is flawed. Your entire argument is predicated upon the fact that PalmOne hasn't marked up the price of their battery. For all you know, the battery only costs PalmOne $4 and they mark it up to $60.
    hopefully i could get a battery and run a test...charge the OEM battery to full, disconnect, turn the radio on, bluetooth on, and i have Versamail checking every 5 mins

then i will do the same for the 2200mAh battery. I do realize the battery price is under justification, however if there could be a notable difference, the price dispute may stop. Hey I'm more than willing to pay more for quality, look at the vaja cases
    Whatever the outcome is, we have sure given this vendor a lot of publicity by bumping his thread up! At the very minimum he's getting killer hits on his site.
  12.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Your logic is flawed. Your entire argument is predicated upon the fact that PalmOne hasn't marked up the price of their battery. For all you know, the battery only costs PalmOne $4 and they mark it up to $60.
    You could be right. No arguement there. Except, PalmOne doesn't make their own battery. Every PDA manufacturer subcontracts the battery to another manufacturer. But, again you could be correct in your statement. And, if that is the case, then they are really making a great profit on the battery. I know in our case, we're not.

Thanks for the feedback....

Mark
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought using a non-OEM battery voids the warranrty...?
  14.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdraper
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought using a non-OEM battery voids the warranrty...?
    It is possible, but it depends on the manufacturer. For example, HP and Dell don't have that stipulation. Other manufacturers do put it in writing though. Considering that if there was ever a problem with the unit most people would return the unit to the manufacturer with the original battery, this makes it difficult for the manufacturer to know which battery the user has.

Choosing which battery to use is up to the owner of the PDA. They then take the responsibility for warranty acceptance or not.

Mark
    u can buy an OEM 1800/1900 mah batt for $30 from dan's cellular.. so what is the significant bonus of buying 1 2200mah @ $60 when u can get 2 OEM for that price? call me crazy but u r not offering much of a deal especially true treo nuts like us on this site aren't going to pay $60 for a batt.. with that's being said... your "quality" 2200 mah batt should cost no more than $40 max IMO. I'm glad I got mine for $35... been doing great going on 2 weeks. btw.. because of the form factor of the 650 batt.. it would have to have been manufactured by a rep if not OEM contracted to put in the time, R&D effort/resources & manufacture for its form.
    This is a post I just posted to another thread. Just so you guys know the batter is a 2200mAh for $35.

I just recieved mine as well, it is somewhat bigger than the OEM battery but I had no problem getting the cover back on. I have noticed something strange with the battery. It got down to 34% then went back up to 35%. Pretty strange..... anyone else notice similar behavior?
    You have no chance at selling that battery for $73 bucks.. You might find a couple suckers but thats about all.. That is no where near enough of a jump in battery life from a replacement battery to ask 73 dollars.
    DOES IT COME WITH ANY LUBE??
    hahahahaha
    ROFLMAO

NDP.. no..not noticed that.. but a batt could "recover" some with rest & reduced heat if was just used for prolonged time...
    or the alien tracker beacon implanted in the battery had a hiccup.
  19.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by daneyb
    You have no chance at selling that battery for $73 bucks..
    Except we are not selling it for $73. If you noticed, it is only $59.95. That being said, we do appreciate the comments above indicating that a better price can be found elsewhere. We're just going to have to go back to the manufacturer (Mugen Power) and have them sharpen their pencils.

Mark
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast