1.    #1  
    My work place is having an auction for Race for the Cure and one of the things up for bid is a Treo 650. Right now, the bid opener is $100 and has been met. My question to all of you is what would be the maximum you would spend on this phone if you were a Sprint customer who was eligible for the $150 rebate?

Thanks in advance
    $150 less than Sprint's current price, or the going rate on the open market, whichever is the lesser, I guess.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    whatever they said minus shipping and insurance.
    I wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole. Whatever you save you will lose the minute you have to exchange it for a hardware related problem, which you wont be able to do if its from eBay.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  6.    #6  
    It wouldn't be from E-bay. Sprint is one of our clients and it was donated for an auction inside work (a silent auction)
    That may work differently, but I do not know if they would service it and replace it since it wasn't "bought".
    Cingular Treo 650
    If it's Sprint donated and not a refurb, then most certainly the warranty would probably still be in effect
    I would probably pay $399 (plus you know its going for a good cause.)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    I wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole. Whatever you save you will lose the minute you have to exchange it for a hardware related problem, which you wont be able to do if its from eBay.
    Are you saying that the palm warranty would not cover a hardware defect just because it was bought on ebay? Does it automatically void the warranty by palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I would probably pay $399 (plus you know its going for a good cause.)

Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Are you saying that the palm warranty would not cover a hardware defect just because it was bought on ebay? Does it automatically void the warranty by palm?
    No, I forgot all about Palm. I am used to thinking in carrier terms - if I bought from Sprint or Cingular, and I needed a new phone, I would call Sprint or Cingular and get a new one. I dont know how PalmOne deals with Sprint branded Treos - with Cingular branded Treos they refer you to Cingular, and obviously all Cingular is going to do is send you a refurb.

And oh, on the original question, since its an auction for charity, I'd pay as much as I could afford. There's nothing wrong in paying $800 for a Treo 650 is the money if going to charity.
    Cingular Treo 650
    I'd pay up to what I could buy it for, assuming it was "brand new" and never owned.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...bosnation0e-20

Based upon the above, that would be $299 for a Cingular model and I figure $50 cheaper for a Sprint Model.