Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have a locked Cingular Treo 650 with firmware 1.05. Can anyone tell me if there is a an update to the firmware available? I see from various threads mention of 1.21 and 1.23 but no info on where to get this update.
    This update is a beta floating around. It has not been officially released for Cingular.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  3.    #3  
    Do you know when the official release will be?
    I hear rumblings about May 5, but that is just rumors. I just upgraded my Cingular phone to the 1.23 firmware floating around, and it is awesome. Check this thread for more info:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=82851
    Cingular Treo 650
    I just updated from Cingular 1.05 to the 1.23 ROW software that is a pre-release version. May 5 seems to be the date for the release. We will see about that.

Other than my cockpit errors the upgrade went fine. I gained 6M of RAM and updates to various ROM programs such as BT dialup and Versamail. I was not having problems with stability or volume, but I am glad to read that others are reporting improvements in these areas.

And don't ignore that the splash screens are cooler for the ROW release compared to Cingular
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Update to Versamail? Just noticed that. It says 3.0c. What was it before?
    Cingular Treo 650
  7.    #7  
    Where is the updated posted?
    There's a beta update with the official release romored to be around May 5th....I am gonna wait the 4 or whatever days rather than have to do it twice as I imagine they'll be some final tweaks just before offical release.
    That is a wise course of action. I, of course, am too freaking impatient and did it anyway. It took all of 5 minutes to do with an extra SD card and card reader I have laying around.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    That is a wise course of action. I, of course, am too freaking impatient and did it anyway. It took all of 5 minutes to do with an extra SD card and card reader I have laying around.

I love you guys ! I'm like the hobbits in the Shire and you guys are the the folks of Minas Tirith....I skipping along happilly thru the fields over the years while you guys do all the bleeding <beg>.
  11.    #12  
    Is the final update going to require an extra SD card? I have a 256 mb card and a 128 mb card.
  12.    #13  
    Think i am going to wait the few days for the official release as well.
    Does the Versamail part of the ROM upgrade add any new functionality?

I would love to be able to have better control over the filter parameters than the current version provides...
    Did you do the 1.14(authorized) update for Cingular? It can be found on Palm 1 under support. Although if the new authorized one will be out soon, maybe you should wait and just get the newer one. I'm with you, I don't do unoffical updates because if something goes wrong, they can say you voided your warranty!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    Is the final update going to require an extra SD card? I have a 256 mb card and a 128 mb card.
    Well kinda the opposite.....I'll bet that PalmOne STOPS offering the free 128 MB SD card once the update is out. That's what they did to Sprint Owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Did you do the 1.14(authorized) update for Cingular? It can be found on Palm 1 under support. Although if the new authorized one will be out soon, maybe you should wait and just get the newer one. I'm with you, I don't do unoffical updates because if something goes wrong, they can say you voided your warranty!

I don't see the 1.14 update. All I see is the voicemail updater... They don't have the other listed at all..

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...reo650cingular
    I could be mistaken, but I thought it updated the firmware also. I will look on my phone.

P.S. I think it updated to 1.15
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 05/02/2005 at 12:24 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  18.    #19  
    Does anyone know if Cingular will be releasing the official firmware update tomorrow?
  19. mj8
    bump
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast