1.    #1  
    I have some files I am not use to seeing, one is 763K in size, they are called "POP~CE-XXXXXX" any idea what they are? I assumed the perhaps with"POP" its Chatter? What do they do ?
    Anyone? TIA, Matt
    Yes, anything with ZRK* is Chatter. That file is a POP file that's been loaded with "Load More"; it should go away when the message is deleted. Is that not working?

Marc
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    Yes, anything with ZRK* is Chatter. That file is a POP file that's been loaded with "Load More"; it should go away when the message is deleted. Is that not working?

Marc
    Marc,
    Doesn't seem to be, is it just for attachements? Or any email over the frist pull size? I'll have to keep an eye on them, I had to do a hard reset today due to hotsyncing a file that was larger then the memory I had spare...you would think the Treo would be smarter. It happened once before, and a Warm Reset worked, this time, only a hard reset would work, but I had a hotsync that was only a day old so all is good.

I am still liking Chatter, I have some small questions to ask you when I get some more time, I'll ask them in this forum.
    Thanks for the reply, Matt
  4.    #4  
    Does Chatter just make these files for attachments? I now have two and they both seem to have been made from those and when I delete the emails, the POP~* files are still there.

I also have some problems getting my pop account back to autosync sometimes. It will still show qsync and not the next autosync time. Any ideas?
    I'd have to see a log to know why it's hanging at QSync... What version are you running?

Marc
  6.    #6  
    1.0.5rc1[79:27]

So how about the pop~* files? only for attchements? Is there a manual for V1.5 yet? I know V1.4 had one, but it addressed mostly IMAP and the limted POP support that V1.4 had.

Thansk Marc!
    Matt
    You should get the latest (1.0.5.1) and the 1.0.5 manual, though I'm not sure there's a lot about POP3. I found the bug that prevents those files from getting deleted properly. There will be a new beta later today. Are you signed up for the Beta newsletter?

Marc
  8.    #8  
    You should get the latest (1.0.5.1) and the 1.0.5 manual, though I'm not sure there's a lot about POP3. I found the bug that prevents those files from getting deleted properly. There will be a new beta later today. Are you signed up for the Beta newsletter?

Marc
    No I am not signed up. I'll look for a link on your site,Thanks, Matt
  9.    #9  
    Marc,
    Here are some of my questions. Remember I use POP3.

1. When I am in an email folder and use the "Delete Selected" command, it just turns the email to the color gray and never deletes it. If I open an email and then use the "Delete command, then it does delete it. Is there a way to have it delete without opening the email? I would like to do several at a time.

2. In an email folder, when I tap the icon to the left of an email you get choices like "Reply, forware,delete lock"..etc. Can you add "Delete off server". There are times when I don't want to keep a copy of that particular email on the server.

3. When I slect "edit mailbox" from the menu, and select the "Deliver"tab, I see a choice for "Keep Older Messages on Treo". I thought this was only for IMAP? What will it do for a POP3 account?

4. In the same tab, can there be a choice for "Delete from server"? This would only be if the email was fully downloaded of course. Or you could even add a choice for "only if fully downloaded" too. Snapper does this and it's nice to not have to log into the account from a PC to clear out the mail box if its size limit. If you added the second choice, it would give the option to delete the email from the pop3 server before it's fully download in the case of spam or a large file you know you don't want.

Note: On the delete email (request #1), the "delete" from the menu when you tap on the icon to the left of the email doesn't work either.
    Hi, Matt.

Deletions in Chatter (even in POP3) ALWAYS propagate to the server on the next sync; if they aren't there's something wrong. The difference between deleting in Message View and in Mailbox View is controlled by a preference "Traditional IMAP Delete", which should be renamed.

You can email me for more info on this...

Marc
  11.    #11  
    Marc,
    It seems that with "traditional IMAP delete" selected or not selected, it acts the same, just turns the email grey.

If I have "traditional IMAP delete" NOT checked, then I can delete the email from the treo if in the Message View, but in the Mailbox View it just turns to the color grey.

If I select "traditional IMAP delete", then the email turns grey in both the Message View and the Mailbox View.

If I delete the email from the Treo, on the next QSync, it will come back ("traditional IMAP delete" off), .

I'll email you.
  12.    #12  
    Hi, Matt.
    You can email me for more info on this...

Marc
    You know how Hotmail can be, did you get my email I sent a couple days back?

I am deleteing emails with attachements and the POP~CE* files are not deleting.
    I see one that is POP~CE-* is the one with a "-" speical or master one?
    I am going to delete them all except for the one with the "-" in it.
    You can delete them all... Have you tried the latest beta?

Marc
  14.    #14  
    You can delete them all... Have you tried the latest beta?

Marc
    Marc,
    Trying it now, I thought I signed up for the Beat news letter via your site. Is there way to check if Burkhardi@hotmail.com is on the list, or should I do it again.

Also, the New Beta wants me to re-register, I assume this is due to the new way you are saving the Chatter Prefs now?
    Thanks,Matt
    Ahem. I'm not sure about why it wants you to re-register, but it must have to do with the new Prefs.

As far as the mailing list, there's no harm in signing up again; it should tell you if it's a duplicate sign-up.

Marc
    I lost all my preferences on loading b4 over b2, not just the Chatter registration...
    jberman - I honestly don't think Chatter is responsible for any of these losses of Preferences, but who knows. Chatter does NOTHING interesting with the SavedPreferences database, and, starting with b3, doesn't use it at all.

Marc