Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1.    #1  
    I have been using Datebk5 ever since it's release. I have the latest version. It is a fantastic program, but after awhile, I have found that I really only need the added functionality of Icons. It is great to look at the entire month and have lots of little pictures showing me what I have coming up. I don't have a need for all the intricate features of the rest of Datebk5.

    Now, the reason I am looking for something else is that Datebk5 tends to slow down my entire Treo650. In fact, my Treo became so damn slow (switching between apps, slow text entry using shortcut5, etc), that I did a hard reset and slowly introduced a new app (once a week) until I felt comfortable that all was going well. When I re-installed Datebk5, things clearly started to slow down (not as bad as before, indicating there still may be another culprit. I still have a couple of utilities left). Occasionally, when leaving DateBk5, changing to the phone app could take up to 15 seconds! Sometimes, I could even hear a rapid "clicking" while the unit was switching.

    So, is there anything out there that takes advantage of Icons (hi or low-res) that is a far simpler to use?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    I have been using Datebk5 ever since it's release. I have the latest version. It is a fantastic program, but after awhile, I have found that I really only need the added functionality of Icons. It is great to look at the entire month and have lots of little pictures showing me what I have coming up. I don't have a need for all the intricate features of the rest of Datebk5.

    Now, the reason I am looking for something else is that Datebk5 tends to slow down my entire Treo650. In fact, my Treo became so damn slow (switching between apps, slow text entry using shortcut5, etc), that I did a hard reset and slowly introduced a new app (once a week) until I felt comfortable that all was going well. When I re-installed Datebk5, things clearly started to slow down (not as bad as before, indicating there still may be another culprit. I still have a couple of utilities left). Occasionally, when leaving DateBk5, changing to the phone app could take up to 15 seconds! Sometimes, I could even hear a rapid "clicking" while the unit was switching.

    So, is there anything out there that takes advantage of Icons (hi or low-res) that is a far simpler to use?

    Take a look at A5. Uses the same icons as Datebk5.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. Interesting app, but it doesn't seem to have a month view.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD
    Thanks. Interesting app, but it doesn't seem to have a month view.
    You are right. There was a month hack for A5, but that will not work with a OS 5 machine. I have never used it but you may want to take a look at
    MonthPlanner .
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by lesliefranke
    You are right. There was a month hack for A5, but that will not work with a OS 5 machine. I have never used it but you may want to take a look at
    MonthPlanner .
    I am playing with MonthPlanner now. So far, it is a decent app, though not entirely user friendly. I think there is room for improvement. I'm not sure if it's worth the $12 Shareware fee. However, this app is extremely simple, taking up only 121k on my Treo (that's a big drop down from Datebk5) and gives me the monthly Icon view that I needed. I will try it for awhile and report back.

    Thanks!

Posting Permissions