1.    #1  
    I am getting strange results with BackupBuddyVFS running on my Treo 650.

When I "Backup All" it shows 191 files saved. When I get ready to run restore it only shows 170 files. What happen to the other 21 files?

In the user name/backup folder it shows 121 files.

I want to make sure that I have a full backup before doing a hard reset and SW upgrade to 1.23.

Any advice on why the file counts are different in BackupBuddyVFS with backup/restore?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Look at your last Backup Log. You'll see that certain files, for stability purposes, are excluded from the backup.
  3.    #3  
    BIll - I took your advice. Here are 20 files that were excluded during the backup. I guess Address, Datebk, Memo and Todo are backed up by the desktop SW. PimSupportStatus and HStrace files sound important. I wonder why these are skipped.

AddressDB - Excluded
    BackupBuddyVFS - Excluded
    BackupBuddyVFS_BLOG - Excluded
    BackupBuddyVFS_DATA - Excluded
    DatebookDB - Excluded
    HSTraceDatabase - Excluded
    HSTraceDatabaseHead - Excluded
    MemoDB - Excluded
    PACE Data Store Reserve - Excluded
    PACERsrcDB0 - Excluded
    PACERsrcDB1 - Excluded
    PACERsrcDB2 - Excluded
    PACERsrcDB3 - Excluded
    PACERsrcDB4 - Excluded
    PACERsrcDB5 - Excluded
    PACERsrcDB6 - Excluded
    PACERsrcDB7 - Excluded
    PACERsrcDB8 - Excluded
    PACERsrcDB9 - Excluded
    PIMsSupportStatus-pdmE - Excluded
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    BIll - I took your advice. Here are 20 files that were excluded during the backup. I guess Address, Datebk, Memo and Todo are backed up by the desktop SW. PimSupportStatus and HStrace files sound important. I wonder why these are skipped.

AddressDB - Excluded
    BackupBuddyVFS - Excluded
    BackupBuddyVFS_BLOG - Excluded
    BackupBuddyVFS_DATA - Excluded
    DatebookDB - Excluded
    HSTraceDatabase - Excluded
    HSTraceDatabaseHead - Excluded
    MemoDB - Excluded
    PACE Data Store Reserve - Excluded
    PACERsrcDB0 - Excluded
    PACERsrcDB1 - Excluded
    PACERsrcDB2 - Excluded
    PACERsrcDB3 - Excluded
    PACERsrcDB4 - Excluded
    PACERsrcDB5 - Excluded
    PACERsrcDB6 - Excluded
    PACERsrcDB7 - Excluded
    PACERsrcDB8 - Excluded
    PACERsrcDB9 - Excluded
    PIMsSupportStatus-pdmE - Excluded
    Address, Datebook, Memo and Todo aren't backed up because they aren't sycned; those are the old databases formats that are created on-board from the new databases (Contacts, Calendar, Memos, Tasks) for the benefit of certain 3rd party apps that depend on their existence.

PimSupportStatus, HsTrace, and the others are excluded either because, resets occur if one attempts to backup/restore them or it's unecessary to back them up because they are created on-board the Treo from existing information (see my previous paragraph).