1.    #1  
    Hi all. I must be stupid or blind, but here's my problem.
    Currently using Versamail ( ok stop making fun ! ) , have tried snapper, it's nice too. No problem buying it if it does what I need.
    Basically I can't find a way to set up templates in any of the mainstream email programs. I'm sure that I'm overlooking it.. but no luck. I have about 25 templates that I need to set up, and I can't figure it out.

Please help me find this setting ( or if it's in a different program, I'm open to that as well )

LB
    Email templates=smtp profiles? Not sure what you mean...different email signatures?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Email templates=smtp profiles? Not sure what you mean...different email signatures?

My apologies I should've been more clear.
    More like pre-typed responses. Like the SMS ones
    "Sorry I'm late" , "Meet me at .." , "Thanks for the gorilla" etc,
    but much much longer, as in a pre-typed email message.

LB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroybrown71
    Hi all. I must be stupid or blind, but here's my problem.
    Currently using Versamail ( ok stop making fun ! ) , have tried snapper, it's nice too. No problem buying it if it does what I need.
    Basically I can't find a way to set up templates in any of the mainstream email programs. I'm sure that I'm overlooking it.. but no luck. I have about 25 templates that I need to set up, and I can't figure it out.

Please help me find this setting ( or if it's in a different program, I'm open to that as well )

LB
    I wasn't able to find a way to do this either so I prepared the templates in Word and the copy and paste them to the e-mail.
    Thanks for the gorilla
    LOL-gotcha.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    I wasn't able to find a way to do this either so I prepared the templates in Word and the copy and paste them to the e-mail.

UGH. I probably respond to somewhere between 40-50 emails a day at minimum... probably 2/3 templated. This would be a huge PITA.
    I'm an Internet Sales Manager for a car dealership.. and I'm trying to be more mobile... I.E. when I take a day "off" I need to be able to get work done ( not an option - I'm the only one who can do it ).

Getting this working would allow me to work away from a PC.

LB
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Have you tried chatter at http://chatteremail.com, got exactly what you're looking for. First you save to Draft then Lock as a Template.

Nothing beats Chatter right now.
    UGH. I probably respond to somewhere between 40-50 emails a day at minimum... probably 2/3 templated. This would be a huge PITA.
    I'm an Internet Sales Manager for a car dealership.. and I'm trying to be more mobile... I.E. when I take a day "off" I need to be able to get work done ( not an option - I'm the only one who can do it ).

Getting this working would allow me to work away from a PC.

LB
    I wonder if you could create the templates and save them in a "template folder" and do it that way......copy and paste I mean. Would be quicker than Word.
  9.    #9  
    thx puyi. for some reason I thought Chatter was IMAP only, and thus didn't try it. sounds like it's what I need tho... i'll check it out today and post my results tonight.

Gracias!
    Visit my smartphone website :
    Smartphone Reviews
    Reviews & news on all smartphones - including the Treo line.
    Not IMAP only anymore. You should check out the latest version, it supports POP3.
  11.    #11  
    Ya i checked it out when puyi mentioned it, and sure enough POP3. I installed in this morning, and will check it out during the day as I have time. Hopefully this is what I'm looking for!
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by puyi
    Have you tried chatter at http://chatteremail.com, got exactly what you're looking for. First you save to Draft then Lock as a Template.

Nothing beats Chatter right now.
    Save as draft- aok. Lock as template? how? Not finding it ;\
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Save as draft- aok. Lock as template? how? Not finding it ;\
    Start composing a message. Press Draft at the bottom of message view. Go to local Draft folder (in case you created a server Draft mailbox), move cursor to mail icon to the left of Draft you just saved, press center d-pad, select Make Template from popup menu.

This is from memory so forgive me if this isn't exactly correct.

puyi
  14.    #14  
    Gotcha, that's exactly it, thanks.

Now for the next ( and quite hopefully, last ) stupid question. Say I have an email, and I want to reply to that with one of the templates. What would be the process? I know i can open up drafts, and then use the locked template, but that's cumbersome since I'd have to open up the first email, copy the address, then open up the draft, blah blah.
    Hopefully it's easier than I'm making it.

Thanks for all your help!
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I think you have to cut n paste as you suggest. How much text are you talking about here? I use ShortCut5 for this kind of thing. Very useful.

puyi
  16.    #16  
    Probably in the ballpark of 500-1000 characters ( off the top of my head ) . It's pretty large.
    I'll look into ShortCut5.