1.    #1  
    Quite often some file becomes corrupt in Versamail and the program starts resetting. The standard fix is to use Filez to delete all the asc3 and asc4 files - but this deletes everything from Versamail and you even have to reset your account info.

Has anyone figured out which asc files do what, so it might be possible to only delete the asc file which contains the incoming mailbox - which is almost certainly where the corruption occurs - and leave everything else intact?

Jon
    I would also appreciate the answer to this one...which files can be removed without having to go through a complete set up of all accounts...
    Exterminate!

Palm Pilot-> Palm Pilot 1MG upgrade-> Palm IIIx-> Visor Deluxe-> Visor Prism-> Clie N610c-> Verizon Kyocera 7135-> Verizon Treo 600-> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Diamond
  3.    #3  
    Verngator,

As yours has been the only response to my post I'm beginning to doubt anyone out there will answer us. I guess one way to figure this out would be through trial and error - simply delete one file at a time and see what happens. My only concern is that doing this could possibly throw my Treo into a reset loop and cause further problems. And I also wonder whether the imminent release of the GSM firmware upgrade could actually solve the Versamail problems.

Well, I guess I'll wait at least until the firmware release and then think about being my own guinea pig.
    ...all files created by asc3 or asc4. It solved my Versamail problem for now. I hope I won't have to do it again as it was a pain to set up accounts again...if this is as bad as it gets, I won't complain as I am very happy with my Treo.

Grace and peace,
    Veronica
    Exterminate!

Palm Pilot-> Palm Pilot 1MG upgrade-> Palm IIIx-> Visor Deluxe-> Visor Prism-> Clie N610c-> Verizon Kyocera 7135-> Verizon Treo 600-> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Diamond
    I understand you have to replace all your account settings, but here's another question. My father has a 650 and Versamail is doing the same thing to him. I tried fixing it last night to no avale! Now, if I beam Filez over to him I'll be able to edit his Versamail and hopefully fix the problem. My question is, when you hotsync won't whatever put it into a reset loop be placed right back on your Treo? Thanks.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    If you are synching Versamail with your computer, they recommend that you also delete the files backed up on your computer. For the full solution is located here: http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=36541