Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I just bought my 600 refurbished and was curious about the camera quality. my pictures are all muddy brown looking and I occasionally get lots of blue static. I was never expecting awesome clarity but is this normal? my first gen camera phone 2 years ago was much better then this.
    Maybe post a picture. But don't expect much out of the camera, especially the 600.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    ill try and get one up when I get pc access thiss evening. I've thought abouy upgrading to the t650 already...is the camera much better with the higher reolution screen?
    Search for a program called Pickem. It will take care of the blue dots.
    Brightcam may help as well.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Get Qset, a free program, set image quality to 99. Also, if you download TCPMP, it will let you boost color saturation to where it should be, and the color will look MUCH better. Qset is available in this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...0&pagenumber=1

and TCPMP (a video player, also free, many formats) is here http://corecodec.org/frs/?group_id=53e:
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    thank you so much. so the blue static is just a perk for everyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhero
    thank you so much. so the blue static is just a perk for everyone?
    Perk? As in a good thing? I dont think so. I think it has something to do with the exposure and the apeture of the lens?

Anyways, its referred to as the 'blue dots of hell' problem. Pickem allows you to press the 's' key and then it adds more of another color thereby negating the extra blue in your pics. (you can also press the 'z' key and zoom twice). The pictures turn out much better with pickem.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    lost cause unless you have a 650, but tak e heart the ppc6600 has the same crappy camera
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    SOLIDage that is actually pretty good for what i was expecting. Was that using Qset and is it from a t600 i assume?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhero
    SOLIDage that is actually pretty good for what i was expecting. Was that using Qset and is it from a t600 i assume?
    i used Qset yes.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    the pictures dont show up much better on the low res t600 screen, but the difference is night and day when actually viewing the pic on PC.
    You might want to check out some of user Wireless-Doc's posts about his picture taking extraganzas with both the 600 and the 650. His website http://www.phonecamphotographer.com shows alot of comparisons.

I think he has mastered the picture taking capabilities of both phones, so he's definitely a good resource.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com