1.    #1  
    I own a Treo 650.

I would like to purge Versamail and replace it as my default email client with Snappermail. Snappermail would then show up when it had mail etc. It would also free a little space, which is much needed.

It appears I cannot achieve my simple goal. Correct? Any help would be gratefully received.
    Flash your ROM at/with shadowmite.com
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Versamail is in ROM, and as such cannot be deleted by "conventional" means. You would have to assemble a custom ROM that excludes Versamail and reflash your Treo, which is the Shadowmite reference. I believe it much easier to just move Versamail to the Unfiled category and ignore it.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Or Obfuscate it

Obfuscate lets you quickly and easily hide ROM-based applications from your Launcher!

http://www.pocketscience.com.au/Obfuscate.zip
    AUSPUG Melbourne Co-Ordinator
    Visit us at...
    Australian Palm Users Group
  5.    #5  
    Thanks to all who have responded.

The Palm OS uses Versamail in a couple of ways to show you have mail - such as in the opening display when selecting the phone icon. Simply hiding Versamail still leaves it lurking in the dark.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I went the Rom image route on my GSM Treo 650. Removed Versamail, its background service and all the Multimail (Versamail was Multimail, bought by Palm a few years ago) addins. Loaded Snapper into the ROM and I now have a lot more space for other neat apps! Shadowmites directions are not diificult, and the procedure works on Sprint Treo roms or GSM roms. I have been very happy with my de-Versamailed Treo!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680