Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    My 650 screen is now dimming after about 10 seconds of nonuse, but it is not turning off completely until another 30 seconds go by. Anyone else having this problem? I looked in the preferences and I didn't see anything about the screen dimming on its own. It is causing a real problem when I try to watch movies on mmPlayer. Thanks.
    I have the same problem. Anyone?
    Actually, soft reset fixed it. I think about 90% of the Treo's problems can be fixed via a soft or hard reset !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    Actually, soft reset fixed it. I think about 90% of the Treo's problems can be fixed via a soft or hard reset !!!
    Hmm...Treos ARE becoming like Windows...very sad.
    My screen has started going from bright to dim on its own or switches most of the time when I hit one of the buttons. Like a Kerry flip-flop.

Very annoying when you are trying to read nite or day. Recently I had to hard reset (now on vacation trip), so only beamed Dir Assist from wifes 600 to my 650. DA did not work, so deleted it. So, No additional S/W on 650.

I would appreciate if someone would post direct link to DA .prc so I could download to treo.
    FastFrank
    Thanks for the Zip file link. I was actually looking for a direct .prc link so it would be a single step download. Regards, Frank
    FastFrank
    I am beginning to think beaming the old version of DA to my 650 may be the cause of the weird dimming behavior.

A soft reset has seemed to fix the problem for now (DA was deleted). I want to try the new DA version with a direct .prc download.
    FastFrank
    No, both of the 650's I am working with also dim out after 30 secs or so. As for the screen off, just go into prefs-- power and adjust.