Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Trying Chatter 1.0.5[80:28].

1) I have it set up to stay offline and do a Qsync every 30 minutes. After the last one, I had a bunch of new emails, so it buzzed and blinked the LED, as expected. But now that I've read the emails, the LED is still doing a green fast-blink. I've read through the manual and the posts, but I can't figure out how to stop it.

2) I want to try the Summary view. I checked the box in the Prefs, and the one in the EDIT MAILBOX screen, but I'm still not seeing the Summary screen as shown in the manual.

3) In EDIT MAILBOX>OTHER PREFERENCES, I checked "Upload Sent Items to...". I want to store my sent items in my Fastmail Sent Items folder, INBOX.SENT ITEMS. But when I try and select it from the drop down, only INBOX shows, none of the sub-folders. And when I put it in manually, my sent items stay in the TREO SENT ITEMS folder locally in Chatter.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Well - I figured out #2.
    Not sure on #1...could it be blinking for anything else (I have treo butler that does some stuff to the LED)

#3 When you select it from the drop down menu, move the five way dial to the right and it will show all the other folders that you have. You can move down and select it then.
    jg70124 - I've seen the led-wont-stop-blinking thing a few times; a soft reset clears it, but I'm not sure what causes it.

Marc
    I have #1 problem as well but it's a problem with lots of software that accesses the LED. The only way I have been able to eliminate these problems is to disable LED notification in everything I use (Chatter, Datebk5, other alarm apps...).
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    thanks all - guess I need to pay Marc now...

After 2 years of messing around with Versamail to sync to outlook, not sure why it took so long to switch to Fastmail IMAP and Chatter...
    I just think that most people who dont use webmail think the best option available it pop. (Imap just needs to get more PRPRPR $Marc$!)
    It's funny - IMAP is seen as "new" (it is only 10 years old, I guess); a lot of people are just more comfortable with what they know. But educating people is a hard thing, and it's never quick; without apps that show off the difference (like Chatter), it's a really tough sell...

Marc
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Well, I've known about IMAP for a long time. I resisted moving to Fastmail because I didn't want to add another link in my email chain - wherein emails sent to me at my professional address (a forward only address) are then forwarded to my personal verizon account which is now forwarded to my fastmail account. And also, Outlook really doesn't have a great interface for IMAP - you can't make the IMAP .pst your default, for instance.
    The guy who hosts my sites switched from POP to IMAP long ago because, according to him, the POP implementations were gigantic security holes where the IMAP implementations were a lot more secure. True? HellifIknow. :-)

Tom