1.    #1  
    My treo is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday and I have one lingering question as I anticipate immediately installing Verichat...

When signed into the same screen name with multiple locations the IMs from people go to both locations. I am planning on keeping my work AIM SN signed in on my treo however I want to use it at work also... will I be chatting while at my desk and have all incoming messages going to my desktop AND treo?

I know this is not really a treo/verichat question however has anyone dealt with this problem? Is there a way to set aim to only send messages to the most recent connection location so that i could log in at work and have messages only go to work PC and then log out and have them begin going to treo again?

Thanks in advance!!
  2.    #2  
    Anyone? Bueler? Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by mogrefy
    My treo is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday and I have one lingering question as I anticipate immediately installing Verichat...

When signed into the same screen name with multiple locations the IMs from people go to both locations. I am planning on keeping my work AIM SN signed in on my treo however I want to use it at work also... will I be chatting while at my desk and have all incoming messages going to my desktop AND treo?

I know this is not really a treo/verichat question however has anyone dealt with this problem? Is there a way to set aim to only send messages to the most recent connection location so that i could log in at work and have messages only go to work PC and then log out and have them begin going to treo again?

Thanks in advance!!
    AIM allows multiple sign-ons. The messages will go to all of them.
  4.    #4  
    that sucks.
    AIM supports multiple log ins but there's a way around it. If you sign on and the screen name is already online, you will get an IM from AIM. If you reply to that IM with a "1" (no quotes) then it will log off the screen name in the other locations. If you don't reply with a 1 then all locations will stay on and will all get messages.
    You can also change a setting in VeriChat for "support multiple logins". If you turn that off and it gets a notice that someone else has logged into your AIM ID, it will automatically disconnect from AIM.
  7.    #7  
    Ah okay, thanks for the info. I was hoping that I could leave treo logged in and just not get messages there until i logged out of the desktop and it defaulted back. AIM isnt that smart so I'll probably manually log off or uncheck the support multiple logins and then just re-login manually after I'm off work.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by mogrefy
    Ah okay, thanks for the info. I was hoping that I could leave treo logged in and just not get messages there until i logged out of the desktop and it defaulted back. AIM isnt that smart so I'll probably manually log off or uncheck the support multiple logins and then just re-login manually after I'm off work.

Thanks!
    If you have AIM signed in at two places and one has an away message and the other doesn't, the one that's away will not receive messages. Only the one that's available. If both are available or both are away, they'll both get messages.
  9.    #9  
    Woohoo... thats what im looking for, I can handle that one :-)