1.    #1  
    I recently (post update) started having serious performance issues with Versamail on my Treo 650. It downloads and sends allright but it takes forever to navigate through the menus and emails. It is running very, very slow.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Any suggestions? Should I just reload Versamail? If yes, what is the cleanest way to do that?
    At least you can get yours to send... i keep getting an error 530 authentication... this sucks
    Checking my email (aol) via versamail takes forever due to being unable to delete old email. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
    I have exactly the same slow menu response in Versamail on one Treo650, but another Treo650 I have is fine...
    Mine is real sloooooooooooooow to delete and empty the trash.
    Pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I also cannot send. I have simple POP3 email. THis is crazy. Not sure what to do
    ccap: What errors are you getting? What are your POP and SMTP settings? Give me some more info, and let's see if we can figure it out.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pheath
    ccap: What errors are you getting? What are your POP and SMTP settings? Give me some more info, and let's see if we can figure it out.
    Thanks for the help. My main problem is I cannot send. It times out or if it does send it takes forever. Its really tiresome waiting and waiting for it to send. It can take over one minute to send a single email. It just says connecting........now it just came up no response from SMTP server.

My smtp setings are
    outgoing server settings is 25 and the other options are unchecked

It seems to be receiving email ok, at least for the time being
    Interesting. The problem with this is that there are at least three variables that could be the problem or a combination of them.

1. It could be slowness of your network. Are you using a data plan or something else like reverse dun? If reverse dun, compare sending from your PC. I am using reverse dun, and I get similar performance.

2. SMTP server issue. If you have another account that uses a different smtp server, give this a try. For example if you have both ISP and yahoo, try sending from both to see if the performance is correct.

3. It could be your Treo. To try to figure this out, you need to try a different e-mail app. There was an thread started today about PapiEmail. It is now free. You could install it and compare performance. If you want to spend some money, many others use chatter or snappermail.

This still may not tell you anything, but it gives you some things to try.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    WEll, now since I played around with Versamail, and I didn't even change anything major, my TMAN this Stinks. I think i'm going to the SPrint PCS store int he morning.