1.    #1  
    Have a Treo 600 on Orange Network (UK). Have had it for almost a year without any major issues.. UNTIL NOW.

The Phone will NOT answer calls.... I go to pick them up and it freezes for 1-2 seconds then cuts off the call. I have tryed my SIM in other phones and works fine.

Also when I make calls they drop after about 2-10 secs. Obviously this makes the "phone" very un-phone-like as it will not function like it was meant to...

I have tryed soft reset and wireless mode on/off many times but to no avail.. It may be time for a complete wipe and start again BUT b4 I have to do this I was wondering if anyone knows what to do.

Any help would be great.. Thanks
    It sounds like you may have the "no service" problem, and your battery is going bad. Determine if you still have this problem while your phone is plugged into the charger. If your phone works properly while charging, then you need a new battery. I bought a new battery from www.PDAparts.com, and this solved the problem on my Sprint Treo 600. If your phone is still under warranty, you can try to get it replaced. It would be a good idea to perform a search for "battery replacement".
  3.    #3  
    No.. unfortunately it is neither of these issues.. It has full service and the battery is fine. The thing is that it looks like it's going to answer the call and then just cuts it off.

I have done a Hard Reset and still no joy.. It is simply stuffed..

I have NO IDEA what to do.. I guess I will have to get it looked at.
    It is the battery...this is a known issue with the Treo...take it in to get it looked at.
    I have been running into the same situation with mine on verizon. I'm glad to know it's not just me. Good thing the 650 is coming out soon!
    Last edited by citi; 05/02/2005 at 01:05 PM. Reason: addition
    Quote Originally Posted by otaylor
    It sounds like you may have the "no service" problem, and your battery is going bad. Determine if you still have this problem while your phone is plugged into the charger. If your phone works properly while charging, then you need a new battery. I bought a new battery from www.PDAparts.com, and this solved the problem on my Sprint Treo 600. If your phone is still under warranty, you can try to get it replaced. It would be a good idea to perform a search for "battery replacement".
    Thanks for the info.

I have exactly the same symptoms, started almost exactly 2 months after the warranty expired.

At this point I'm not sure if I want to bother replacing the battery ($46 shipped), getting sick of all of the other issues with the Treo. It'd be easier to dump it on eBay cheap and buy a different mfgr's product, one that might actually work reliably as a phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonesuch
    Thanks for the info.

I have exactly the same symptoms, started almost exactly 2 months after the warranty expired.

At this point I'm not sure if I want to bother replacing the battery ($46 shipped), getting sick of all of the other issues with the Treo. It'd be easier to dump it on eBay cheap and buy a different mfgr's product, one that might actually work reliably as a phone.
    I just replaced my battery off of ebay for $24 shipped. The battery also came with a torx wrench. It was well worth it. The unit acts just like it was brand new. I am a pretty heavy user with voice and chatteremail and it goes a day and a half on a charge now.
    Any suggestions on where to get the battery from? I've seen ebay prices starting at $9.95 up to $39.95 from pdaparts.com. Thanks.
    Treo 650 with AT&T Wireless (formerly Cingular, formerly AT&T Wireless )