Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Upgrade to 1.23 was successful, no reboots so far...
    *crosses fingers*
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    No, the subsidy unlock is completely unrelated to the firmware version. Your phone will still refuse to accept another carrier's SIM, but you are no longer subject to the software crippling (e.g. disabled DUN) that is present in the CNG firmware.
    Gotcha, makes sense. I discovered one problem though, now my Caller ID doesn't show me any incoming numbers, and therefore my Treo 650 wont recongize it. Any ideas why my Caller ID doesn't work now all of the sudden? Anyone else experience this?

(For those who haven't followed: I mentioned in a previous post that I'm using a locked Cingular phone and upgraded to fw1.21 - everything works fine except caller ID)
    Quote Originally Posted by joker9989
    I discovered one problem though, now my Caller ID doesn't show me any incoming numbers, and therefore my Treo 650 wont recongize it. Any ideas why my Caller ID doesn't work now all of the sudden?
    Sorry, no clue.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    my redial still doesnt work and the phone is slipping back to crashes like 1.14. Lets hope 1.25 and the rumored 1.30 willfix these.
  5. noc
    ran the 1.23 updater on my unlocked GSM per instructions on here. everything was going fine, 99% complete and then get a message "ROM error". My device never reset once much less 4X as posted here. All my data was left intact. I checked phone info and see now Firmware 1.23 and Software "Treo650-1.06-ROW" My speaker phone still hisses, doesn't seem to be any change. Is the update installed on my phone or not???? Do I need to hard reset? Try installing it again?
    Your update did not fully complete. It shouldn't hurt to try again.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  7. noc
    tried it again and it worked. had to remove the card quickly to keep it from updating over again and then it was ok...
    for further clarification on noc's post, "quickly" just means that you have to make sure that when the installer is done, you take out the card in order to make sure that the reset doesn't trigger the installer to initiate again
    Quote Originally Posted by noc
    ran the 1.23 updater on my unlocked GSM per instructions on here. everything was going fine, 99% complete and then get a message "ROM error". My device never reset once much less 4X as posted here. All my data was left intact. I checked phone info and see now Firmware 1.23 and Software "Treo650-1.06-ROW" My speaker phone still hisses, doesn't seem to be any change. Is the update installed on my phone or not???? Do I need to hard reset? Try installing it again?

If you say your data was left in tact, then the problem would have been you didn't do a hard reset BEFORE you ran the ROM update.
    I'm glad I updated mine to 1.23 firmware. I use powerrun to move most of my applications over to the SD card. Before that I only have 9M free now I have 20M free which is a big improvement. Now I can run Mapopolis with better results. Before it just hung when doing a search within 50 Mile. So far so good.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    20M free.... ?

My set up leaves me with approx 3MB - but of cause I use Agendus, AvantGo (from SD), AeroPlayer, MMPlayer, Margi Presenter to Go, D2G (from SD)....
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    So glad I did the update. Really like the phone now.

Strange but true: Orange Care were meant to be delivering another phone to my house tonight. The delivery bike never turned up. So I rang Orange to complain and they contacted the Courier company. It turned out that the courier had been attacked by the previous cutomer he'd gone to deliver a phone to.
    Quote Originally Posted by nutech
    I'm glad I updated mine to 1.23 firmware. I use powerrun to move most of my applications over to the SD card. Before that I only have 9M free now I have 20M free which is a big improvement. Now I can run Mapopolis with better results. Before it just hung when doing a search within 50 Mile. So far so good.
    I find that some major apps dont work with Power run like Splash Shopper, Listpro, Money, AOL, etc. Which apps have you used with it?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Updated to 1.23 just in time for 1.25!
    Only noticeable change is a bit more memory, but otherwise my Cingular GPRS email/internet is STILL not working - 5 days running.

Going to check now if bluetooth performance improves, etc.

I used a camera to format a raw SD, copied over the PALM folder over to the card, did a hard reset on the 650, inserted the card and it ran.

Otherwise no noticeable difference in performance between 1.15 and 1.23.

So where IS that 1.25 anyways, and will it be for unlocked GSM?

Greg
    unlocked GSM / Cingular (for now - may go to TMO / 1.23 FW
    When will be Hack or Patch for unlocking Treo 650 Cingular?
    Removing the subsidy lock will always require a code. It's possible that the encryption algorithm that generates that code may eventually be hacked and placed in the public domain, but it may be a matter of months rather than days or weeks.

Of course, it's entirely possible to load the ROW ("unlocked") firmware on a phone that's still subsidy-locked.
    I have a Treo 650 Cingular unlocked, my question is all seem to work fine *currenlty living in Iceland - the only Treo in Iceland) but would like to update the firmware to the latest one,

Under Phone Info It reads,

FIRMWARE 01.04
    SOFTWARE Treo650-1.02-CNG
    HARDWARE A

What firmware should i upgrade to.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    Removing the subsidy lock will always require a code. It's possible that the encryption algorithm that generates that code may eventually be hacked and placed in the public domain, but it may be a matter of months rather than days or weeks.

Of course, it's entirely possible to load the ROW ("unlocked") firmware on a phone that's still subsidy-locked.
    Sorry, for this noober question, but upgrading the firmware of a locked treo with a ROW firmware will not clean the subsidy lock?
    Quote Originally Posted by Artou
    upgrading the firmware of a locked treo with a ROW firmware will not clean the subsidy lock?
    That's correct - the two items are quite separate..
    I see most users here did the upgrade with an unlock Cingular unit. DId anybody do the same with T-Mobile as the provider? Did the Volume improve?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast