1.    #1  
    I just downloaded 3.05. Neither this new version or 3.0 will open PDfs from my emails. AN error comes up that says'failed to accept beamed document'.

Do I need to transfer the PDF somehow or is there a known bug?

thanks
    you can't open pdf's without converting with the desktop component of the apps. Are you trying to open an actual pdf file? You can't without converting.
  3.    #3  
    I am not following you...could you spoon feed me as how to open PDFs??

thanks!!
    I'd be happy to...did you install the software that came with the treo and read the instructions yet. I'm not sure what you didn't understand in my earlier post?
  5.    #5  
    I did install the software with the Treo. I cannot find the instructions that tell me how to convert. I downloaded the PDF attachment from an email but cannot seem to open it. Which app converts the PDF file??
    you cannot read a pdf file on the treo. you have to use the desktop adobe app that came on the cd to convert the pdf to a pdb file. Then you hotsync it to your treo or sd card and read it with the adobe app.
    #1 achilles heel of Palm OS devices IMHO (save for the Clies that had Picsel viewer).

Far better to use Adobe's online converters than jack with PDF conversion (again, IMHO).

Todd/Indy
  8.    #8  
    Got it! Thanks!!
    I'm not following this thread...but I need to because I am having the same problem. I just reloaded the CD that came with the Treo, but I don't see any desktop app...just the reader. I've been looking at the Adobe site, but I still don't have it figured out. Can someone fill me in a little more? Where is the tool to convert? I am upgrading to 7.0...will that make a difference?
    There is currently no native support for PDFs on the Palm platform. That means you can not open a PDF on your Treo. The Adobe reader for Palm requires that you use that program on your desktop to convert a regular PDF file into a special version that can be read by the Palm reader. You can't just get straight PDFs in your e-mail and open them.
    ...Unless there was some way to get the Piscel Browser off of a Sony Clie. Anyone think this would be possible?
    Long discussion Piscel in "Software" section:

http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...ad.php?t=82358

It has been done ;-)
    FastFrank
    I really had to dig around in the Adobe Reader to find anything about converting the files for the Palm and learned that it is not a true conversion, but rather a 'reflow'. Regardless, I 'reflowed' a pdf file and emailed it to myself and I still can't get it to open. It says Failed to receive beamed document, and then I see the error on the transfer ' database corrupt (0x0209). Anybody have any ideas? Also, is there a way to hotsync a file out of the desktop reader?

Thank you in advance! As you can see, I'm a newbie...
    When you installed the Palm Reader...an app should have also been installed on our "desktop" pc. Open that app, drag n drop the PDF files you want into the window to convert them. Then the next time you synch they will be on your Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by lattelady
    I'm not following this thread...but I need to because I am having the same problem. I just reloaded the CD that came with the Treo, but I don't see any desktop app...just the reader. I've been looking at the Adobe site, but I still don't have it figured out. Can someone fill me in a little more? Where is the tool to convert? I am upgrading to 7.0...will that make a difference?
    http://www.adobe.com/products/acroba...erforpalm.html

Key section:

Adobe Reader for Palm OS includes two components that work together:

* The desktop application (and conduit during HotSyncŪ) runs on your desktop computer. It prepares PDF files for the Palm OS and transports them to the user's handheld device.
    * The reader is the Palm OS application that runs on the Palm OS device, designed to accommodate the characteristics of small-screen devices.
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
  16. JIA
    I've been struggling to find a way to view pdf files received as e-mail attachments (i.e., files received with no way to "wash" them through the desktop palm pdf application). Text pdf files can be opened with documents to go (www.dataviz.com), but image files are a problem.
    My first thought was to forward the e-mail to my home or office and ask someone there to "wash" it through the desktop palm pdf application, and forward it back to me in a new email. However, I can't figure out how to save the palm version of the pdf file to my computer, so that I could forward it (any suggestions would be welcome).
    One approach that does work is to have the forwarded pdf converted to a jpeg file. The jpeg attachment can be forwarded via e-mail, opened, viewed and saved. I found an application called universal document converter (www.print-driver.com) that does the conversion.