1.    #1  
    I had tried the latest upgrade but experienced poor handset and headset volume so I decided to go back to v1.15. The downgrade worked well and I notice that the volume is louder. I think it is better to hear the callers then to have a few megabytes more in memory...just my opinion
    A lot of other posters that have tried the upgrade report higher volumes. This is confusing.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Is this update I keep seeing for the unlocked version?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    How did you do the downgrade?
    Last edited by beeker; 04/28/2005 at 09:48 PM.
    Mine got louder, and screen is brighter, and after the first connection to cingular it gets much faster connected... Also no i got rid of some of the cingular crap installed.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Yeah, I upgraded and have experienced an increase in volume as well as stability and better memory management.
    Can someone please tell me if this update is for the unlocked GSM, or the Cingular GSM, or both? It's not listed on Palm's site, but I've seen it posted on this board several times.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Lady Treo

The upgrage patch is unofficial - you would not find it on the palmOne support site until it is official. (An official release of the firmware upgrade is rumoured to be approx May 5.)

The unofficial update is for the Unlocked GSM, but several users has applied it with success on their Cingular Treo.

I have applied the 1.21 update yesterday. No major issues so far.(my posting in the 1.21 update tread)

Remember to take a hard reset after the upgrade process is completely finished (to get rid of the "dC-installer" and som other apps applied by the upgrade)

In this very moment I am applying the fw1.23 update to mu Unlocked GSM
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Thanks for the info! I would download but I feel safer waiting for the official Cingular upgrade, so if something goes wrong, I can blame THEM. Plus, I'd hate to do a hard reset.

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Hard resetting your Treo is hardly a problem if you backup your unit in advance using BackupBuddyVFS or Backupman...
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    You're talking to a chicken here, LOL!

Global Posts
    377 Global Posts

Take a look at post #73 in this tread - http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...053#post648053
    JoranG
  13.    #13  
    I used the SD card method where I downloaded the files to the SD card and then installed it the same way I did the first time. I may try v1.23 to see if I have better results. I thought it was nice that I could go back though.

Quote Originally Posted by beeker
    How did you do the downgrade?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Thanks for the info! I would download but I feel safer waiting for the official Cingular upgrade, so if something goes wrong, I can blame THEM. ....
    I'm with you man. Not about blaming Cingular, cause they will be CLUELESS, but about waiting. It just makes no sense screwing with a beta firmware like that on a phone which for some of us is a lifeline. That is the problem with converged devices - one thing breaks and you are out of luck. I am seriously thinking of getting a cheap backup phone I can stick my SIM card in in case I do decide to screw with things like beta firmware and hose up my Treo. Yup, thats the ticket. If I lose my Palm device I can at least make phone calls.
    Cingular Treo 650
    I can't recommend the upgrade to any folks with Cingular phones, cause I don't know what that will do. But I did the upgrade via SD card and I couldn't be happier. The sound quality is much, much better - for both the regular phone and speakerphone. Anyone with an unlocked phone would be crazy not to upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by blunz
    I can't recommend the upgrade to any folks with Cingular phones, cause I don't know what that will do. But I did the upgrade via SD card and I couldn't be happier. The sound quality is much, much better - for both the regular phone and speaker phone. Anyone with an unlocked phone would be crazy not to upgrade.

Locked or Unlocked i don't thing it matter does it? i got the same results as you, over all a much better improvement in sound and overall, but when i upgraded my phone was locked and now its unlocked

Dan
    just curious, how to do a downgrade??
    Asia Pacific Traveller (HK based)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAFTEK
    Locked or Unlocked i don't thing it matter does it? i got the same results as you, over all a much better improvement in sound and overall, but when i upgraded my phone was locked and now its unlocked

Dan
    Did you try some other carrier's SIM and it worked???
    Cingular Treo 650
  19.    #19  
    I copied the v1.15 files to my sd card, did a hard reset, and installed v1.15 as if I was upgrading. It has been working perfectly now for close to a week

Quote Originally Posted by twohand
    just curious, how to do a downgrade??