Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    ^im assuming the eclipse signal indicator is the one you have posted in your screenshots in post 97
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    ^im assuming the eclipse signal indicator is the one you have posted in your screenshots in post 97
    yup, it is.
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    Can someone please tell me how you get your "today" info on the screen, I can't find this option in ZLauncher!

Thanks,
    Scott
    I think it has already been mentioned in this thread... but I'm to lazy to check, so here you go.

Menu>options>ZL prefs>plugin>plugin tab: Select

go to that newly created tab, hit:

Menu>tab>tab properties>plugin>select a plugin: ZL plugin today

Done
    Last edited by Chillin_; 05/10/2005 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Oops, didn't mean to hit that button, wasn't done yet.
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    You also have to install the today plugin which is part of the Zlauncher .zip file.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    I like the second and fourth ones. What are their names?
    Second one is ChaNinja_OS5 and the fourth one is ZLT_Gorilla_OS5_64K (my current and so far favorite theme.)
    I have got the today plugin now, but is there any way to change the color of the text? It is set to blue, but my background is blue, and make it difficult to see.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Scott, just go to the Menu > Tab > Tab Prefs > Today Plugin > Prefs > and then choose either Datebook or ToDo to change the text colors.

Since we're all sharing, attached are a couple of my screenshots. My Today screen is what I always see first when opening ZL, which is really convenient for me. That beach image is on most of my tabs. I usually do not have a tab bar displayed, but when it is displayed it look nice, I think. I also toggle some commonly used programs on a program bar (that's the little arrow in the lower right) when I forget that I could use the handy Quicklaunch feature .

This is a Treo 600, so I'm stuck using lo-res themes, but the ZLTreo for Treo theme (lower right hand side of that page) looks nice I think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ninodelsol; 05/12/2005 at 10:27 AM. Reason: updated two images
    I'll tell you what...I used to think ZLauncher was cluttered and only for master configurators of the world, but now that I've played with it, I don't see how I could do without it. Aside from actual applications, it is the most used 3rd party app that I have because it does so much from creating shortcuts to assign buttons, to combining programs from the card and Rom on one launch screen. It's definitely a must have for me!
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    show and tell...life is good with the treo!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    man looking at all you guys' zlauncher backgrounds makes me want to get it again LOL...but seriously, how do you guys make your Zlauncher setups look so nice...i tried a few things, but nada
    hofo_mofo: lots of time, lots of patience, and lots of pickiness!
    Last edited by ninodelsol; 05/11/2005 at 04:06 PM. Reason: spelling errors
    dang...i hate working LOL kidding seriously though i figured that was the answer

now here is another question, how much money have you spent on themes/skins for Zlauncher
    the theme I use is a free one. it's the only one I use (partially because there are few lo-res ones available that I like, and partially to keep the overall ZL footprint down in size). i bet the hi-res versions are often shareware themes, but hi-res is a world unknown to me .
    how do i install this app? i download the zip file and i dont know what to load?
    Quote Originally Posted by vietalogy
    how do i install this app? i download the zip file and i dont know what to load?
    There are a lot of files and .prc's in the Zip file, but you really only need ZLauncher.prc and ONE theme to begin with (the themes are .prc files that begin with "ZLT"). Other themes can be found at http://www.zztechs.com/en/zlauncher/themes.htm. Again, you really only need one theme to start with, and you can add others later depending on your tastes.

Some people make the mistake of installing all the .prc's and then complain about the app being too "bloated", and unfortunately the instructions in the past were not superclear on this. If you open the manual files contained in the Zip and read the installation section, the instructions are simple and straightforward now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    There are a lot of files and .prc's in the Zip file, but you really only need ZLauncher.prc and ONE theme to begin with (the themes are .prc files that begin with "ZLT"). Other themes can be found at http://www.zztechs.com/en/zlauncher/themes.htm. Again, you really only need one theme to start with, and you can add others later depending on your tastes.

Some people make the mistake of installing all the .prc's and then complain about the app being too "bloated", and unfortunately the instructions in the past were not superclear on this. If you open the manual files contained in the Zip and read the installation section, the instructions are simple and straightforward now.
    thankyou! so im guessing that the ZLauncher.prc has to be on the Rom and then i make a folder on my SD card where i put all the themes and icons?
    thankyou! so im guessing that the ZLauncher.prc has to be on the Rom and then i make a folder on my SD card where i put all the themes and icons?
    It can go in the ROM, but that would require you to build a custom ROM, different topic requiring more instructions, typically you install ZLauncher to the RAM.

Once launched, if you go into the ZLauncher menu for themes, it will automatically create the directories needed to place themes, backgrounds and iconsets on the card in thier proper places, no need for you to do it manually.

Further, if you move an app to the card with ZLauncher, it will create a subdirectory for that app and its databases.

It is all automatic and requires no extra user effort.

ZLauncher very nice, very nice indeed....although I use LauncherX....
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    Further, if you move an app to the card with ZLauncher, it will create a subdirectory for that app and its databases.
    will the subdirectory be on the rom or the sd card?
    will the subdirectory be on the rom or the sd card?
    Of course if you are moving an app to the SD Card, then the subdirectory will be on the card....

You cannot create a folder in the RAM.

Be careful when referring to the RAM as ROM and vice versa. For technical assistance and general discussion on this board, they are two distinctly different memory spaces on the device.

My last post was an attempt to clear that up for you, sorry I was not more clear.

Cheers and good luck, once you get past all the tweaking with ZLauncher it is a fine launcher. Of course many never get past the tweaking, either because the love to do it and just keep on, or because it is too much and they just delete it and move on
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast