Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    I like to be able to categorize everything into tabs such as Apps, Utilities, Games, etc, but I also have a "Favourites" tab as the first tab. I place shortcuts to all my favourite apps on that tab, and have ZLauncher set to "Start on 1st Tab".

Launch'Em, which I used on my previous devices, allowed me to copy icons onto multiple tabs, and would keep track of them internally. It appears that the only way to have an app on multiple tabs in ZLauncher is to create a shortcut and place it on the other tab. If there's a way to duplicate icons without having to create shortcuts, I'd love to hear it.

Unfortunately, Launch-Em hasn't been updated in forever and isn't 5way-capable, or I'd still be using it.
    Can't remember for sure but if I remember correctly, you can grab the icon for the "All" tab and drag it to the tab in which you want to place it? What I don't know is if this is just a quicker way of creating another shortcut or if it recogizes it as a copy of an existing...
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    Can't remember for sure but if I remember correctly, you can grab the icon for the "All" tab and drag it to the tab in which you want to place it? What I don't know is if this is just a quicker way of creating another shortcut or if it recogizes it as a copy of an existing...
    Bingo - works like a charm. I had been trying to drag copies from my other category tabs without success, but dragging from All appears to create a duplicate icon without a shortcut. Thanks!
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I dont like Z...too busy - Launcher X rocks plus you can view 6 rows on one screen!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    I dont like Z...too busy - Launcher X rocks plus you can view 6 rows on one screen!
    Isn't "6 rows on one screen" a little busy? In any event, ZL can be customized to add/remove bars, etc. to make it as busy or clean as you want.
    I also like simplicity a lot and considered LauncherX. But it doesn't seem to support 5-way navigation (very imprortant for me) and seems to be kind of abandoned.

Does anybody know otherwise?
    1. There are hundreds of themes.
    2. It is totally customizable, so you can get rid of as much clutter as you want.
    3. I actually like the look of Launcher-X better, but you can make ZL look almost like L-X if you want.
    4. L-X doesn't support moving apps and databases to SD, which is the main reason I ended up with ZL.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98...ncheraaron.jpg

since there are no programs you must just look and this one and day dream
    Quote Originally Posted by TCBsnapshot
    I have played with ZLauncher for sometime and I am not that impressed. Are there better skins or apps. that make it better? I am just wondering because almost everyone on Treo Central has it. Thank You!

Same here TCB, I was a Launcher III enthusiast with my Palm Vx and I used up all the 30 day trials on it , ZLauncher and a few others. But I have yet to see a ZLauncher theme which looks as clean and functinal as the plain ole Palm original. I really don't understand the tendency of everry singke theme to make the icons bigger and more garish....if anything, I'd go smaller.

Even LauncherX, the successor of launcherIII, which takes a minimalist approach, eats up screen real estate with its little tabbies. That screen real estate is just too valuable to clutter up in my end of the world.
    This thread has some good ones as well

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...auncher+themes
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    I love ZLauncher, but I must say I've seen some of the ugliest configurations of ever in this thread. Yikes. I think it must be misdirection by the people who DON'T like ZLauncher..
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
    While we're talking about Zlauncher, does anyone know what the little bullseye means in the signal strength meter?
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    1. There are hundreds of themes.
    2. It is totally customizable, so you can get rid of as much clutter as you want.
    3. I actually like the look of Launcher-X better, but you can make ZL look almost like L-X if you want.
    4. L-X doesn't support moving apps and databases to SD, which is the main reason I ended up with ZL.
    Personally, I like them both and have no interest in trying to persuade anyone to use one over the other, but I just want to straighten out a mistake in #4 above.

LauncherX most certainly does support moving the app and the database to the card, just an FYI, not a comment meant to say one is better then the other...

Cheers
    Is there anyway to make Zlauncher or Launcher X to be the default launcher. I would like it more if it replaced the standard one and wasnt just like an app.
    I believe both offer that option. ZLauncher installs itself as the default the first time you run it, and I believe LauncherX does likewise. So hitting the Home key will invoke your chosen launcher unless and until you tell it otherwise through a menu option in that launcher.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    I did an eval of all of them a while back and while they all add something cool, I actually ended up using Facer because it was minimalist in the areas I needed it to be minimal in and gave me the functionality to move things around on the filesystem with ease. Hadn't really seen a compelling reason to go to LauncherX nor ZLauncher after using Facer.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    The T3 Standard OS5.
    Cash,
    How did you get your purple background swirls?
    JC
    i hated how cluttered zlauncher was when i first used it, now after i customized it to my liking i don't think i'll go back to the palm launcher ever.. here's my set up

Snap-EB9A
    - CDC2 pic is how it looks like when i hit the laucher button
    - CECA pic shows my plugin tab instead of going into the calander app its built right into the laucher
    - CF2E pic is just my dial skin created by me and as u can see i got my bt reverse dun working
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stylez23
    i hated how cluttered zlauncher was when i first used it, now after i customized it to my liking i don't think i'll go back to the palm launcher ever.. here's my set up

Snap-EB9A
    - CDC2 pic is how it looks like when i hit the laucher button
    - CECA pic shows my plugin tab instead of going into the calander app its built right into the laucher
    - CF2E pic is just my dial skin created by me and as u can see i got my bt reverse dun working
    I guess it is a matter of personal tastes. Hey, some people like the way XP looks....the first thing I do when working on an XP box is revert to small fonts and classic view. I think people who like the way XP looks will like ZLauncher.

The phone screen you have looks no different other than style and the fact that all the lettering and icons are bigger. If anything, I'd knock mine down smaller.

The today screen is too busy for me and hard to read, I much prefer:

http://www.lilredspider.com/TMP/index.html

If anything I want the icons and text smaller and every skin I have seen with ZLauncher makes 'em bigger. The home app screen in the basic palm lets me see 12 apps, I notice yours is cut down to 9.....to me that kills one of the best features of the 650 ...its "working area" is cut down from 320 x 320 to 240 x 320. I used to love Launcher III on my Vx, but I dropped its successor LauncherX cause those tabbies stole too much screen real estate.
    Since we are sharing, heres snapshots of the theme I use.

I didn't create the theme but I added all the icons to fit the themes style. The today plugin helped me through my conversion from PPC. Zlauncher is my favorite app for the Palm OS.
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast