Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Zlauncher is great. You can make your palm look any way you want... but it doesn't do the work for you. It's all about the ability to customize as well as run programs of the SD card, etc...

P.S. -- What's the best way to capture the Treo screen image so I can display my Mac OS X theme?
    see this is all purdy...

and Tiffany i will try LauncherX. Just out of curiosity, is there a theme of you

Katway Snap 0.2.5 http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-231.html?Snap
    I didn't go overboard with ZLauncher. I have my Treo customized just the way I wanted and I love the added functionality. All I want now is to be able remap the side button as a power button.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How do you take a pic of your Treo screen for posting, so you can show off your theme? I think the way I have it looks great, and is a goos example I want to show, but I have no idea how to take a screenshot and post it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstring
    How do you take a pic of your Treo screen for posting, so you can show off your theme? I think the way I have it looks great, and is a goos example I want to show, but I have no idea how to take a screenshot and post it.
    Snap takes screenshots. hofo_mofo posted a link to it in the post above my first one. It's free and takes screenshots of whatever's on the screen, just like the Print Screen button on your computer's keyboard. It saves the image as a bitmap on your SD card.
    Zlauncher helped me make my treo into a Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by TCBsnapshot
    I have played with ZLauncher for sometime and I am not that impressed. Are there better skins or apps. that make it better? I am just wondering because almost everyone on Treo Central has it. Thank You!
    RTM !
    Quote Originally Posted by Katway
    Oh the horror, the horror!!!
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany
    Try LauncherX
    Ditto - LauncherX does what I want it to - without the "flimflams" and the "makeup"
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Hofo - thanks for the snap link. I like the fact that Snap allows you to take a screenshot, then disables itself. Plus, the free part is always good.

Here are a few shots of how I've set up ZL. I like to think I'm a "no clutter" type as well, but this still may be too much clutter for some. Enjoy...
    KitMoni
    And more...
    KitMoni
    Quote Originally Posted by Katway
    I have that same theme, but mine doesn't show the signal strength....what the deal with that?

Scott
    If you like to customize, and like things a "certain way", ZLauncher is awesome. I bought it for the core functionality of moving/running apps from SD, which other programs do just as well, but upon tweaking the views likes the posters before me, I find it really "beautiful" (yes, that sounds weird). I find more value in the appearance it allows than actually running from SD.

It definately a personal preference. If you are a minimalist, then it's a waste, and if you can't find a theme you like, then you should look elsewhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottG61376
    I have that same theme, but mine doesn't show the signal strength....what the deal with that?

Scott
    You may be able to get it by going to Top/Bot. Bar setup tab. Tap on the bar displayed and select Info Buttons. From there you can add a button for Signal, Time, Battery, etc.
    KitMoni
    letsgoflyers81 - what theme are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by kitmoni
    You may be able to get it by going to Top/Bot. Bar setup tab. Tap on the bar displayed and select Info Buttons. From there you can add a button for Signal, Time, Battery, etc.
    When I put my signal strength on the top bar it doesn't show at all. If I put it on the bottom it still doesn't show the bars but it will show the arrows if Vision is connected. If I tap where the bars should be it shows my signal strength in DB's but I can't get the bars to display.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJack
    letsgoflyers81 - what theme are you using?
    ZLT_Opera_OS5_64K
    I love ZLauncher, but I must say I've seen some of the ugliest configurations of ever in this thread. Yikes. I think it must be misdirection by the people who DON'T like ZLauncher..
    I like to be able to categorize everything into tabs such as Apps, Utilities, Games, etc, but I also have a "Favourites" tab as the first tab. I place shortcuts to all my favourite apps on that tab, and have ZLauncher set to "Start on 1st Tab".

Launch'Em, which I used on my previous devices, allowed me to copy icons onto multiple tabs, and would keep track of them internally. It appears that the only way to have an app on multiple tabs in ZLauncher is to create a shortcut and place it on the other tab. If there's a way to duplicate icons without having to create shortcuts, I'd love to hear it.

Unfortunately, Launch-Em hasn't been updated in forever and isn't 5way-capable, or I'd still be using it.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottG61376

Scott
    I have the theme set to ZLT_Panther_OS5_64K and my icon set is ZLI_Panther_icons. In ZL preferences, I selected the top bar button and added the "Info Button" for the signal.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast