Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I need to reload my drivers, as something got screwed up somehow. The problem is is that Windows keep remembering something, as when I uninstall/reinstall it doesn't work. Does anyone know which INF files and whatever else I have to delete, as well as the registry keys? I'm very comfortable with all of this, I just haven't had the time to track down the individual components to blow away. I just need to get it to the point where I can start over with the palm stuff on the PC so I can hotsync once again. Any suggestions?
    Hi,
    Handspring used to have a tool, and I think you can find it on the PalmOne site, that removes entries from the Registry. You could also go through the registry, searching for Palm, Handspring, etc. I did this a few times with my PC, when I thought there was an issue when it stopped recognizing my Treo (turns out the cable was bad).

Or you could just call Microsoft, follow their steps, one of which typically includes reinstalling Windows... ;->

Good luck!
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I should have mentioned that I already tried the Handspring utility... It either doesn't get everything (likely since it is years old), or my USB driver stack is totally hosed (unlikely since everything else works...)
    in regedit, under local computer, look in us robitics for more palm files
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    format c:.....LOL
    AUSPUG Melbourne Co-Ordinator
    Visit us at...
    Australian Palm Users Group
    Registry First Aid can help. Very useful tool in cleaning out the Registry and keeping XP running well.