Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The Law Offices of Stan S. Mallison in Lafayette, California, is
    currently investigating the filing of a class action against PalmOne
    concerning product design and/or product defects in its Treo 600.

As has become evident, Treos appear to suffer from a number of issues
    including: intermittent buzzing and other sound quality issues which
    make the Treo essentially useless as a phone.

The Treo is sold as an elite high-end consumer and business product.
    The Treo 600 has clearly failing to meet its advertised characteristics
    in a large number of instances.

If you purchased a Treo or other similar product and are having any of
    the above listed problems we would like to hear from you. Please
    contact the Treo Case Administrator at via e-mail at
    Treodefect@mallisonlaw.com
    After numerous complaints from people on the other side of my treo 600, my son found a French site which showed a picture of twisted wire cable. After removing 4 screws and disconnecting one end of the cable and giving 5 or so twists and reattaching the cable, the buz is gone for the good.

Salim
    I, personally, used a small piece of an aluminized "Grandma's Homestyle" cookie bag to solve my buzzing problem.. Seemed simpler than hiring an attorney ;-)
    Will this class action include Treo's purchased used???
    My predicton: The lawyers get $25m from the suit and the Treo owners get a fancy new sync cable and $5 off their next Treo purchase

...Just my experience with these class action suits
    Quote Originally Posted by astroz
    My predicton: The lawyers get $25m from the suit and the Treo owners get a fancy new sync cable and $5 off their next Treo purchase

Right, and best of all we will have to buy a nice Windows smartphone when palmOne will be down on his knees. A nice phone that won't have any deffect for sure: don't call it a bug, call it a feature (hey, I'm kidding: I'm just too lazy and prefer to continue with PalmOS!). Maybe that's my French point of view speaking, but making lawsuits against anyone breathing is definitly something I can't understand.

Cheers, Jean-Francois.
    Yes, the only winner is the lawyer. Frankly, I never had the buzz in any of my three Sprint Treo 600s.

What a waste of court resources.

Ben
    I heard a buzz and my Treo 600 was promptly replaced. No big deal.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Never had a buzz ever!! Works great..possibly because we have the lastest G3 GSM services here in India
    Quote Originally Posted by astroz

Hey don't knock it! Class action lawyer's fees often pay my salary!
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Vultures I say!
    Palm IIIe -> Visor Deluxe -> Palm 505 -> Clie tj37 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700P
    Quote Originally Posted by hasnainpatel
    Never had a buzz ever!! Works great..possibly because we have the lastest G3 GSM services here in India
    I had a buzz once, but it wore off after I stopped drinking
    You notice the article says the law firm is investigating filing a suit. Not that a Treo 600 user wants to file a suit. This is nothing but a money grab by the law firm. We need legislation that prevents law firms in class action suits from pocketing more than 25% (maybe less) of the total settlement. It would minimize frivilous suits like this one, and ensure that actual customers got most of the money in legitimate class action suits.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Tried the old foil over battery connections routine, and it worked for about a month, now I have to constantly reset after every phone call, or dropping at least five calls a day. Any other tricks out there, please help me desparate to keep my 600, but cant keep dropping calls. Out of warranty, so no help from my vendor.
    I just did the combined French and Scottish tehcniques (twist the power cable, and wrap in foil), and the buzz is clearly gone - the sound quality is apparently crystal clear, which it has never been before, even on good days.

ananeo: Have you reopened the case to see how your foil wrapping is faring? If it's ripped or fallen off and is doing some kind of havoc on the inside, you'd best fix it soon. Or if your problem is just that the buzz has returned, I'd suggest doing the wire twist as well.
    I've dropped it 3-4 times on the tile bathroom floor. It just keeps working.

No buzz or hum. so I really like it as a phone.

The software I have works fine (if it doesen't, I delete it).

Maybe I could sue Palm for not making me unhappy. After all, don't we all have a right to be miserable?
    Just a shark waiting to feed on hyped up frenzy !

Guess the lawyers are getting desperate; since everybody won't be filing bankrutpcy left and right.
    Everybody is against the lawyer until they get injured by a defective product, hurt in a work incident, ripped off in a home deal, etc.

Class action lawsuits are expensive and not always worth the risk (many settle).

No problems with my T600.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Most of the class action lawsuits leave multi-millionaire lawyers, and the people get squat !

One, and only one post by a troller.

Yes, law student, right ? Never said all lawyers are evil.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast