Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #1  
    I was wondering if Backup buddy would cause my 650 to reset in random apps. Then once it resets itself my saved preferences are wiped out. Is anyone else having/had this problem?
  2. #2  
    Probably not. BackupBuddy doesnt run in the background. Random resets can be caused by a million things. Some resets will cause the Saved Preferences file to get corrupted, at which point BackupBuddyVFS Pro will let you restore that one file from SD card backup and you are back in business.

    What other apps do you have (email, launchers, screen savers, etc.)?
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  3. #3  
    NRG - I've had similar problems which went away once I disabled Enable Local Network Time in Prefs->Date&Time. Don't remember that it matters, but I'm on Sprint.
  4. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    NRG - I've had similar problems which went away once I disabled Enable Local Network Time in Prefs->Date&Time. Don't remember that it matters, but I'm on Sprint.
    Yeah, I thought maybe this would be it. I would like to keep network time enabled cause I travel a lot and i don't like to fiddle with the time. I am in the process of trying a new config out. This setup is as follows 1)disabled all reminders on Jan. birthday 2)placed a birthday on jan 1st 3)removed backup buddy ram but left it on the card. I will report back on the success of this config. Thanks for the respones.
  5. #5  
    I had the same roblem with my saved preferences constantly getting nuked. I deleted Butler & no all is well. I now use LED OFF to shut the annoying green flashing light off, but deserately miss having the orange LED for voicemail indicators and the various other LED possibilities with Attention Manager. But my saved prefs are no longer getting deleted.
  6. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjennings
    I had the same roblem with my saved preferences constantly getting nuked. I deleted Butler & no all is well. I now use LED OFF to shut the annoying green flashing light off, but deserately miss having the orange LED for voicemail indicators and the various other LED possibilities with Attention Manager. But my saved prefs are no longer getting deleted.
    I've had butler for a long time and I don't believe this is the problem. My problem is that I added a bday on Jan 23rd around the same time I insatlled Backup Buddy. Hence all the steps I took above to try and correct the issue.
  7. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #7  
    Welp, I have had 2 resets both times preferences getting nuked since my last post. Grrrr, this is pissing me off. Now it is doing it in every app!! Be it phone, web, butler, sms, versamail, etc. Could I have a corrupted preferences (unsaved and saved)? If so how could I fix it. Here are some of the reset causes:
    ----------------------
    Emul68kMain.c
    Line:456, line 1111
    exception at address
    73033ec8
    ----------------------
    preferences db open error 273
    -----------------------
    " " 271
    -------------------------
  8. #8  
    It sounds like to me your preferences and databases have really gotten munged. You might try doing a hard reset on the palm, syncing back JUST your PIM data, then restoring your programs, and setting them back up. Don't restore all the program data, preferences, etc. Probably a long road, but sounds like some databases are really messed up.
  9. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    It sounds like to me your preferences and databases have really gotten munged. You might try doing a hard reset on the palm, syncing back JUST your PIM data, then restoring your programs, and setting them back up. Don't restore all the program data, preferences, etc. Probably a long road, but sounds like some databases are really messed up.
    This was my next step. Thanks for the sugestion.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    It sounds like to me your preferences and databases have really gotten munged. You might try doing a hard reset on the palm, syncing back JUST your PIM data, then restoring your programs, and setting them back up. Don't restore all the program data, preferences, etc. Probably a long road, but sounds like some databases are really messed up.
    After I upgraded to 1.08 there were a few programs that starting causing resets and corrupting my saved prefs.

    I hard reset, renamed backup folder, hotsynced PIM info, reloaded apps one by one.
    Problem has never reared its ugly head again.
  11. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    After I upgraded to 1.08 there were a few programs that starting causing resets and corrupting my saved prefs.

    I hard reset, renamed backup folder, hotsynced PIM info, reloaded apps one by one.
    Problem has never reared its ugly head again.
    These are my thoughts, could you tell tell which little dirty ******* (app./s) was causing the resets?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    These are my thoughts, could you tell tell which little dirty ******* (app./s) was causing the resets?
    After checking ##377 (which is not always exactly accurate)
    Chatter was the main culprit.
    But I was also very suspect of Zlauncher...
    Lightwav (which is buggy to begin with)
    And even the Phone app would cause a reset.

    But whatever was going on...
    After the hard reset, I have been trouble free. The only app I no longer use is Lightwav.

Posting Permissions