1.    #1  
    can versamail be moved and run from the memory card? I have tried power run but that did not help me move it to my memory card. I gets lots of large e-mails and I need the space on the memory card to open the.

Thanks

max
    Last edited by maraj; 04/28/2005 at 02:52 PM.
    No, max. Versamail is in ROM and cannot be moved to the card.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    If you get a custom ROM that doesn't have VersaMail built in you can do it. You could just install it separately and move the card. But out of the box, you can't move it.
    I wonder whether that would even work, given that Versamail is made up of a ton of files (all those MM and Multimail files) and is not designed to be run from a card. Even saving emails on a card is something several developers are pursuing now, but they would still need to be in RAM for viewing and then deleted, which again is something Versamail cant do. Not to mention Versamail is buggy as it is, moving it to the card will definitely not add to its stability.

Max, how much memory do you have free? How big are the emails you are trying to open? There are other things you can move to the card (like DocsToGo) and you can have a simple config with as much as 20MB free (not much else loaded, of course).
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!