1.    #1  
    When syncing via bluetooth I now get the following error message:

'Unable to sync because port is in use by another application'

Prior to this happening it all worked fine. I have not added any additional BT devices or changed configs.

Any idea on how to determine what is the port conflict ?

TNX
    Quote Originally Posted by dabework
    When syncing via bluetooth I now get the following error message:

'Unable to sync because port is in use by another application'

Prior to this happening it all worked fine. I have not added any additional BT devices or changed configs.

Any idea on how to determine what is the port conflict ?

TNX
    Open the hotsync icon on your PC, and go to setup, then click on the "local" tab. Change the port # to another port (mine works on 6), then try again. Change the port until you find the right one.
    I had this happen to me and I resolved it by closing and reopening hot sync manager.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the follow ups -

The error message is on the Treo - I even disabled BT on the PC and I still get the error message.

So it seems like the treo sync process cant even get started.

TNX
    Do a reset of the Palm and a reboot of your PC to reconfig the serial ports. This resolves this 100% of the time when I get this error. Also, try sending a file from the PC to the Treo using the BT sendfile s/w to see if you can connect from the PC.
  6.    #6  
    SofTTware,

Reset the treo and it is now working fine -

Thanks
    And by the way, bluetooth syncs are much slower - I prefer just hooking it up - about twice as fast.
    I've tried all of these suggestions, and still keep getting the same error the creator of this thread is getting. Any other suggestions?? Thanks in advance.