Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jccomo
    I notice I have an increaing number of si_command and si_name files. I don't know if this has any impact.
    I have been uninstalling the program and reinstalling it about every 2 months just to shrink the size down....I tried deleting those file sand the program got unstable.
    Those files are all gone in the latest update!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    Those files are all gone in the latest update!
    Good catch....didn't see that an update was released in last 24 hours.,,,and the size of the thing drops by almost more than a third !....0.67 Mb bersus 1.08

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...cedialing.html
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 05/04/2005 at 12:46 PM.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lbottom
    saying that it seems like a no brainer is a very condescending attitude If you don't know what i'm talking about its ok to say you don't know...
    Definitions of condescending on the Web:

arch: (used of behavior or attitude) characteristic of those who treat others with condescension

Definitions of condescension on the Web:

the trait of displaying arrogance by patronizing those considered inferior
    a communication that indicates lack of respect by patronizing the recipient
    affability to your inferiors and temporary disregard for differences of position or rank; "the queen's condescension was intended to make us feel comfortable"

I must have misunderstood your use of the word....
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahand
    Anglo/Western names are recognized most of the time but no luck with ethnic names which in my business I have to interact with daily.
    I have some pretty difficult Indian and Egyptian names and they seem to work with no problems...
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    I heard back from Voice Signal today and indeed they have posted their latest patch at: http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...cedialing.html

This should improve voice recognition with large contact files.

I haven't installed it yet. Will update my post later.

Updated: The patch does help a lot...Voice Signal doesn't get hung up in the search for a contact name or connecting after the name has been found.

jccomo
    Last edited by jccomo; 05/13/2005 at 02:03 PM. Reason: update
    Ok, I need some confusion cleared up here. Can you initiate a call from a BT headset or not? From what I've read, the answer is no. However, this post contradicts:

Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4
    I use a Scala and use voice dial to dial nearly all numbers I call with excellent success. All it takes is a quick press and hold of the side button, speak clearly into the Treo mic and off it goes.<snip>
    But here again it appears that is not the case:

Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    <snip>Just to be clear.....You just can't "initiate" the call with BT. Ya pick up the Treo, hold the side button down and say "Call Joe Blow work", then put down the Treo and the call goes thru and the BT headset will pick it up on 1st ring.
    The only explanation I can come up with is that treo2die4 is using a 2.5mm adapter. Is this correct 2die4?

Edit: Looking @ this post, I'm guessing the answer is no:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...59&postcount=2
    Last edited by Geckotek; 05/04/2005 at 02:19 PM.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    Ok, I need some confusion cleared up here. Can you initiate a call from a BT headset or not? From what I've read, the answer is no. However, this post contradicts:

But here again it appears that is not the case:

The only explanation I can come up with is that treo2die4 is using a 2.5mm adapter. Is this correct 2die4?

Edit: Looking @ this post, I'm guessing the answer is no:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...59&postcount=2
    If you read treo2die4's post carefully you see that he clearly say "speak into the treo's mic". Once the call is initiated the VoiceSignal app goes away and he can have the conversation thru his headset.

Hope that clears things up.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Treo Voice Dialing by VoiceSignal - WORKS GREAT.
    What website can i go to in order to try this Voice Dial program out?
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Those that have downloaded the new version (build 1.1 released yesterday), does it still say it's build 1.0.22 when in the program?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    It says build 1.1.01
    First off my apologies to the VoiceSignal support rep. Not only an update was posted yesterday, as discussed here, she immediately notified me.

I have not used VD much but in the first couple times the new version did no hang.

Unfortunately there are certain names which are still not recognized (including my own name). I would have liked the option to actually say the name, as with most phones that have built in voice dial capability, in addition to automatic recognition. Is there such an option with VoiceDial?

Version update:

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...cedialing.html
    Can not get Voice Dialer to startup becuase I have more then 3000 contacts. THought that I could fool it by temporarily removing on of my contact categories. After I restored the category Voice Dialer stopped loading again.

It would make a lot of sense to have this program support the concept of categories. I only have 75 names that need a voice tag in my "cellphone" category.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Those that have downloaded the new version (build 1.1 released yesterday), does it still say it's build 1.0.22 when in the program?

It's apparently confused <g>:

Treo Voice Dialing by Voice Signal v2.0
    Version OIK 1909
    Build 1.1.01
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    It's apparently confused <g>:

Treo Voice Dialing by Voice Signal v2.0
    Version OIK 1909
    Build 1.1.01
    Mine had the same confusion...it was corrected by doing a complete uninstall and then reinstalling Voice Dial. This required re-entering the registration, but it did get the version to the current:
    Version OIK 1909
    Build 1.1.01
    I have not yet registered this so I can only use the digit dialing for now, but I have found that even though it seems to understand my voice for the numbers, when it starts to connect it just defaults back to the dial pad and doesn't connect. I have tried it now with multiple numbers and it never connects, just reads "connecting" for a split second and then goes back to the dial pad. Any ideas???
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Very Strange Issue discovered today. I downloaded the lastest 1SRC Podcast and loaded to my Treo 650. I plugged my adapter and Cassette Player Adapter into the treo to listen while driving into the office.

The Voice Dial kept activating itself and wanting to dial numbers while Pocket Tunes played back the audio.

Obvious having the jack plugged into the device was the same effect as having the wired headset plugged in and pressing the button to activate Voice Dialing.

Strange...

This happen whether I was in Ptunes or other apps. Only way I could prevent it from happening was to go to the launcher and keep hitting the home button to cause contant activity.

Luckily someone called me and Ptune closed down and allow me to talk. At that point I forgot about it and just listened once I got to the office.

Anyone using a cassette adapter to listen to MP3 with Ptunes and having this problem with the new Voice Dialing updated version? Anyone have the same setup and not having an issue?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast