Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 83
  1. #22  
    It works fine for me also.
    Kenji
  2. nelson1's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #23  
    Works fine for me too...very useful.
    It does not work in terms of speaking into the BT headset...but once it dials then my Treo BT headset takes over for the rest of the call.
    That's not a perfect situation but works ok for now.
    Does anyone know if the bluetooth situation is fixable with firmwear...or is it a hardware limitation?
  3. #24  
    It's a PalmOne limitation....Treo is not capable of doing this with any BT headset / software combo.
  4. nelson1's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    It's a PalmOne limitation....Treo is not capable of doing this with any BT headset / software combo.
    Understood...but...does anyone know if the bluetooth situation is fixable with firmware...or is it a hardware limitation?
  5. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by nelson1
    Understood...but...does anyone know if the bluetooth situation is fixable with firmware...or is it a hardware limitation?
    It's been addressed before with quotes from voice signal....a search of the boards would probably find it....IIRC, it is fixable if Palm chooses to do so.
  6. #27  
    P1 just give us Bluetooth like you sold it to us.
  7. #28  
    voice dial works fine for me with one exception on the treo 650. MY old phone was a samsung a500 which cost all of $200. With a corded headset i could use voice dial and call up the sprint pcs voice command feature. That way I could access my 250+ phone numbers without ever having to input them into the phone(I input them on the computer). The only number that was physically on my samsung was the asterisk for sprint pcs voice command. I tried to explain this a couple of months ago and not too many people understood what I was talking about. To this day I'm still looking for an app that can do this. Any help would be appreciated.
  8. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by lbottom
    voice dial works fine for me with one exception on the treo 650. MY old phone was a samsung a500 which cost all of $200. With a corded headset i could use voice dial and call up the sprint pcs voice command feature. That way I could access my 250+ phone numbers without ever having to input them into the phone(I input them on the computer). The only number that was physically on my samsung was the asterisk for sprint pcs voice command. I tried to explain this a couple of months ago and not too many people understood what I was talking about. To this day I'm still looking for an app that can do this. Any help would be appreciated.
    I guess I don't understand it either. If you are looking for way to enter names and numbers on the computer, just use Outlook and sync with your 650. You won't have to "input them into the phone." I sync'd with Outlook on my previous Nokia phone, so I didn't have to re-enter them on my 650, just sync with Outlook.
  9. pabo's Avatar
    Posts
    813 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by docmaster
    P1 just give us Bluetooth like you sold it to us.
    My 650 has bluetooth....
  10. pabo's Avatar
    Posts
    813 Posts
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by lbottom
    ... The only number that was physically on my samsung was the asterisk for sprint pcs voice command. ...
    as I understand it, this is how Paris Hilton got hacked - keeping data online. I think the Sprint app allows you to upload the contacts directly from Outlook. If you have to enter them anyway, why not do it on your own pc and be done with it. The added benefit is when you are out somewhere and you want to capture someone's data, enter it to the phone and the next time you sync it's on the pc....

    seems like a no-brainer...
  11. #32  
    I couldn't get the Voice Signal app to work satisfactorily for me. Not sure if it was because I had high expectations or setup or what, but after two days I dumped it.

    I'm a big "software should just work inuitively" kind of guy, it didn't work for me.
  12. #33  
    Works great for me. I especially like the fact that I do not have to train it and it automatically supports all the entries in my address book. True, it does not work with BT (not a problem for me). But the ability to call without dialing is a necessity in a car for safety reasons. The dial on the treo is not usable without looking, IMHO, so some sort of voice dialer is needed.

    Those who had trouble may have microphone problems. I have the Shadowmite voice patch and using that or the supplied headset, it works fine. Some people might have to tune it a little and others may need to tone down their accents. ALL voice recognition SW I have seen requires the human to adapte to some extent.

    My biggest complaints about VoiceSignal are (1) it was not included for free (hell my Sanyo phone from 4 years ago had it) and (2) It is the ugliest app have ever seen. Low res fonts, stupid GUI.

    But it does one thing good.

    BTW you can also dial any number by voice, i.e. "call 8 1 7 5 5 5 1 2 1 2"

    Jim
  13. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by lbottom
    voice dial works fine for me with one exception on the treo 650. MY old phone was a samsung a500 which cost all of $200. With a corded headset i could use voice dial and call up the sprint pcs voice command feature. That way I could access my 250+ phone numbers without ever having to input them into the phone(I input them on the computer). The only number that was physically on my samsung was the asterisk for sprint pcs voice command. I tried to explain this a couple of months ago and not too many people understood what I was talking about. To this day I'm still looking for an app that can do this. Any help would be appreciated.
    That's Sprint's Voice Command feature. You have to pay $5/mo for it. You can add your contacts via computer or through phone, then you can dial *talk from your phone and it will connect. Since the information is stored on the Sprint server's, I'm not sure a software app could accomplish this.
  14. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by lbottom
    voice dial works fine for me with one exception on the treo 650. MY old phone was a samsung a500 which cost all of $200. With a corded headset i could use voice dial and call up the sprint pcs voice command feature. That way I could access my 250+ phone numbers without ever having to input them into the phone(I input them on the computer). The only number that was physically on my samsung was the asterisk for sprint pcs voice command. I tried to explain this a couple of months ago and not too many people understood what I was talking about. To this day I'm still looking for an app that can do this. Any help would be appreciated.
    There is NO app needed! Its sprints Voice Command service its available on ALL sprint phones.
  15. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    I couldn't get the Voice Signal app to work satisfactorily for me. Not sure if it was because I had high expectations or setup or what, but after two days I dumped it.

    I'm a big "software should just work inuitively" kind of guy, it didn't work for me.
    Was this on Sprint and pre 1.08 ? If so I'd try again. Otherwise it must be conflicting with something that isn't in many Treos.

    I hit the side button, say "Call Joe Blow at Work" and it does what I ask. I never trained it, I never edited preferences.....just installed it and started using it....and I can use it, my wife can use it, my passengers can use it without any "readjustment" or learning.
  16. #37  
    Voice dial in my humble opinion is a great application. Default setting work 95+% of the time. Can be twicked with preference settings. Though it does not work with BT. Scala 500 and voice dial make very nice combination, especially in auto. Thumbs up, all the way.
  17. #38  
    Do not say extra words like "AT" as in at home:

    Call gtwo Home

    Download VoiceDial at www.palmone.com under support for your version of the Treo 650.

    Scroll down to the downloads section of the support page.
  18. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Calusacat
    Though it does not work with BT.
    That statement could be misinterpreted to mean you can't se BT if using VD. Just to be clear.....You just can't "initiate" the call with BT. Ya pick up the Treo, hold the side button down and say "Call Joe Blow work", then put down the Treo and the call goes thru and the BT headset will pick it up on 1st ring.
  19. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    That statement could be misinterpreted to mean you can't se BT if using VD. Just to be clear.....You just can't "initiate" the call with BT. Ya pick up the Treo, hold the side button down and say "Call Joe Blow work", then put down the Treo and the call goes thru and the BT headset will pick it up on 1st ring.
    I have gone back to using my A210 adapter, so I can just hit the MF button on my BT headset and say call "Jane Blow" into my headset.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions