Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've read a couple threads, but I'm still not clear. I use Hotsync to sync my unlocked Treo 650 with the PowerMac G5. I use Entourage 2004 as well. Does anyone know for sure if Hotsync will work with Tiger and more specifically if the Entourage 2004 conduit is compatible? Will Entourage 2004 continue to sync or will I have to use iCal?

On that matter, has iCal been updated in Tiger? I don't particularly care for the current iCal. What about Mail and the Contacts program?

Thanks.

D
    David
    yes ical, mail and address are updated, but still no categories in ical

http://www.apple.com/

as far as entourage, it should be compatible. I know the new powermacs shipping with Tiger have the Microsoft office 2004 demo bundled in the software.
    Jeezas!

Try searching.

The thread directly below this one has the information you are looking for – not to mention about 10 other additional threads.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    Jeezas!

Try searching.

The thread directly below this one has the information you are looking for – not to mention about 10 other additional threads.
    I did read that thread, Sir. Perhaps you would notice that it speaks primarily of Entourage X - not 2004. As for the "10 other threads," well... I haven't seen them. If the question imposes on you, ignore it.
    David
    Admittedly, it was a thickly veiled attempt to help. But still, you seemed to have missed my advice. So I will give it again. Try e2sync. That's www.e2sync.com

Got it?
    I love how tough everyone is.
    hopefully e2sync will update its conduit for Tiger soon.

http://www.e2sync.com/news/index.html
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    I'm using "the Missing Sync" from markspace.com and loving it. A bit pricey @39.00, but it's light years ahead of hotsync

* Yes, I am using Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch
    I'm using "the Missing Sync" from markspace.com and loving it. A bit pricey @39.00, but it's light years ahead of hotsync

* Yes, I am using Tiger
    using that as well. picked it up after installing tiger and buying a treo 650. great program but as cellmatrix pointed out earlier, no categories for iSync so i'm forced to use entourage which can't list my contacts by first name

back to the topic, i haven't installed the 650's software since i'm using missing sync. but i am using Entourage 2004 conduit on Tiger with missing sync and it runs fine.
    I'm dumping Entourage 2004 in favor of iCal, Mail, Address Book..... The way I look at it, the benefits of finding stuff with Spotlight with the Apple apps, FAR outweigh the "suite" benefit of Entourage or calendar categories (just create another calendar withing iCal?? Do you really care how it lists names if you can find something in 2 seconds with Spotlight?). I've also had my Entourage DB corrupted twice now. Not real sure what MSFT's plans are to offer a Spotlight/Tiger update for Entourage....but I'm going to give the Apple apps another shot. ABout the only thing I may miss with Entourage is Project Center (again Spotlight may overcome my void...or I can still use it for organizing files). Thoughts??

I've just got to figure out the iSync thing now, or go Missing Sync.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurora
    I'm dumping Entourage 2004 in favor of iCal, Mail, Address Book..... The way I look at it, the benefits of finding stuff with Spotlight with the Apple apps, FAR outweigh the "suite" benefit of Entourage or calendar categories (just create another calendar withing iCal?? Do you really care how it lists names if you can find something in 2 seconds with Spotlight?). I've also had my Entourage DB corrupted twice now. Not real sure what MSFT's plans are to offer a Spotlight/Tiger update for Entourage....but I'm going to give the Apple apps another shot. ABout the only thing I may miss with Entourage is Project Center (again Spotlight may overcome my void...or I can still use it for organizing files). Thoughts??

I've just got to figure out the iSync thing now, or go Missing Sync.
    Those "benfits" provided by the Apple applications are indeed great. Now, I'm still awaiting the arrival of my Tiger upgrade, so I'm assuming things work as indicated. I'm tempted to switch for the same reason. BUT, there is one issue. If the Apple conduit has not been updated, whenever you sync your Treo 650 with the Apple applications, the home addresses of your contacts will be moved into "Work Address" on your PDA and the work addresss will not sync at all.

There is one more problem. Once I installed the Microsoft conduit, it automotically moved all the Apple and Palm conduits into a "Disabled Conduits" folder. With the Apple conduits, it did not move the Palm conduits, many of which had the same name. I couldn't figure which to move. In short, the sync process did NOT work well. In frustration, I did a hard reset of my 650, reinstallled the Microsoft conduit, and it's been easy syncing since then.

I would like to use the new iCal, Mail and Address Book. But can I get the things to work right?
    David
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    This weekend, I spent a great deal of time getting myself accustomed to Address Book, iCal, and iSync. In the past I had used Entourage, as it has category and better contact management support.

To say the least, I am quite pleased with iCal and Address Book and particularly the new mail program.

I totally agree, the benefits of searchlight, far outweigh those of MS Entourage.

Just my $0.02
    Holy cowmmoly!

Is EVRYONE on the stupid juice?

Does anyone listen to what I say?

e2sync WILL syncronize Entourage "categories" with iCal's "Calendars" both directions. And THEN, do you know what else??? shhhhhhhhhh.
    You can then use Entourage to sync its categories with... ooooooooooooh, with Palm's categories.
    Quote Originally Posted by defii
    BUT, there is one issue. If the Apple conduit has not been updated, whenever you sync your Treo 650 with the Apple applications, the home addresses of your contacts will be moved into "Work Address" on your PDA and the work addresss will not sync at all.
    Well, there definitely is a new conduit in Tiger. But the question is whether it has been improved, i.e. whether the sync with address book works better.

Has anyone tried it?

Well, after getting half crazy with the original Palm sofware contained on my Treo 650 package, I finally downloaded Missing Sync 4.0.4 and voilà! the whole thing works like a breeze, no visible adverse side-effects on the address book (the contact home addresses remain home addresses) or the calendar...and the sync work beautifully fast on my Tiger system using both USB and Bluetooth...
    Success!
    Quote Originally Posted by brunophoto

Well, after getting half crazy with the original Palm sofware contained on my Treo 650 package, I finally downloaded Missing Sync 4.0.4 and voilà! the whole thing works like a breeze, no visible adverse side-effects on the address book (the contact home addresses remain home addresses) or the calendar...and the sync work beautifully fast on my Tiger system using both USB and Bluetooth...
    Success!
    I'm not sure why The Missing Sync would do a better job syncing since it is merely a synchronization *framework* and doesn't include a new conduit for the address book -- it uses the conduit provided by Palm.

Does The Missing Sync also sync more than just one address, such as a home and a work address?
    I have had nothing but problems trying to sync my 650 w Entourage. After I loaded Tiger I was screwed. I have tried taking the palm sofware off and reloading it and reloading the handheld installer that is part of office, as well as reinstalling office. I did the latter in part because when I upgraded to Tiger for some reason excel opened up in test drive. Today I called Palm because I was also unable to upload the new upgrade for Sprint users and they determined that my treo was bad. I went to Sprint who said i wold have a new treo on the 11th, what a drag. I hope it is a hardware issue but I am suspect that it is not. Any advice? Also Im looking for a good tech person in LA that could help me out w this. Thanks.
    i just decided to give up on Missing Sync as the backup and install conduits lost functionality after upgrading to tiger.

i switched back to palm desktop and everything seems fine with whatever i want to sync--and the backup and install conduits work.

anyone else notice problems with those conduits or have a fix?

thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by visitordesign
    i just decided to give up on Missing Sync as the backup and install conduits lost functionality after upgrading to tiger.

i switched back to palm desktop and everything seems fine with whatever i want to sync--and the backup and install conduits work.

anyone else notice problems with those conduits or have a fix?

thanks.
    Are you using 4.0.4? I've not had the problems you describe. However, I do want to know how to get the LOCATION field on my Treo 650 filled out with a sync!
    Does HotSync and iSync work for synchronizing the address book and iCal in 10.4.1?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast