1.    #1  
    Hi,

I just got my treo 650, and I have ActiveSync working with Exchange 2003. However how do I get the active part working?

I can do a manual sync fine, and I can schedule auto syncing, but I thought the big feature in ActiveSync was that it was push rather than pull. I.e. Exchange should come and tell my Treo that there is new mail or calendar items. Am I mistaken?

Thanks,
    Justin
    Quote Originally Posted by drmojo
    Hi,

I just got my treo 650, and I have ActiveSync working with Exchange 2003. However how do I get the active part working?

I can do a manual sync fine, and I can schedule auto syncing, but I thought the big feature in ActiveSync was that it was push rather than pull. I.e. Exchange should come and tell my Treo that there is new mail or calendar items. Am I mistaken?

Thanks,
    Justin
    DrMojo,

I don't think active sync is push technology, but I exepcted to be able to versamail to poll every 15 minutes using auto sync ... but no luck. I am using a VPN so that may be related. In the mean time I do a manual sync whenever I am away from my desktop and all in all I have been happy.
    What exactly is "active sync"?

I know for my "Constant Sync" using MyMail (powered by Visto), it Is true "push" Email. But, I needed to download and install an app to my Treo to enable it. Maybe you need to do the same?
    Soylent Green Is People

My Current Weather For Vancouver, BC
    From what I've read, here and other places, the Palm implementation of ActiveSync is missing the hooks that allow the auto-push part. The best you can do is schedule the syncs in Versamail.