View Poll Results: Do you use security software on your Treo?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use SplashID

    31 53.45%
  • I use mSafe or a similar remote kill application

    8 13.79%
  • I use other software (describe in comments)

    7 12.07%
  • I use nothing

    12 20.69%
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. aviduser's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
       #1  
    How many people use some security software on their Treo? I use SplashID, which encrypts the sensitive info. But what about mSafe, which allows you to send a text message to your unit (in the event of loss or theft) and do a hard reset?

    Anyone using any others?
    1995- Newton Message Pad 2000
    1998- Palm V
    1999- Palm V8 (upgrade)
    2000- Palm m505
    2001- Palm m515
    2003- Kyocera 7135
    2004- Treo 600 (woc)
    2006- Treo 700p (wc)
    2007- Treo 680 (wc)
    2008- Another Treo 680 (wc) (unlocked)
  2. #2  
    I use mSafe and TealLock. Ben
  3. #3  
    I use SplashID for data storage as well as Treo Helper for SMS lock, so I'm not sure if you consider the second to be a remote kill app, but in theory I fall into two categories.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    I use SplashID for data storage as well as Treo Helper for SMS lock, so I'm not sure if you consider the second to be a remote kill app, but in theory I fall into two categories.
    Same here; SplashID for data and Remote lock for SMS lock.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by aviduser
    How many people use some security software on their Treo? I use SplashID, which encrypts the sensitive info. But what about mSafe, which allows you to send a text message to your unit (in the event of loss or theft) and do a hard reset?

    Anyone using any others?
    I'm not using any, but thanks for reminding me that this is important. They sell these on Handango or Palm Source?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6. #6  
    I am not sure if these programs are good. I am currently using PGP Mobile that has many features including encrypting email messages.
  7. #7  
    They are available from Handango and PalmGear. When I was looking for a security app, I tested the ones available at the time and stuck with TealLock and mSafe. I purchased two other security programs but I stopped using them due to their interaction with the Treo turning on and off on its on. When I deleted them and used TealLock, the problem stopped. TealLock has been good for me and seems to go through periodic updates.
  8. badler's Avatar
    Posts
    324 Posts
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    I use mSafe and TealLock. Ben
    How do you use mSafe and TealLock in combination? Do they conflict at all?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by IceMike
    I am not sure if these programs are good. I am currently using PGP Mobile that has many features including encrypting email messages.
    I really wish PGP would update PGPmobile...the worst part is after a reset having to tap that square over and over to create random data to encrypt an email, also having to using graffiti anywhere to bring up the command bar is a pain.
  10. #10  
    TealLock is used for basic security and mSafe for that just in case I loose the Treo. With mSafe and its interaction with SMS and its ability to shut down the Treo remotely and to delete data on the Treo, I feel that any sensitive data on the Treo can be zapped without the finder knowing what is happening. During my testing with mSafe, I was very pleased with the level of security it adds. The two together make a good combination.

    Ben

    ------

    Quote Originally Posted by badler
    How do you use mSafe and TealLock in combination? Do they conflict at all?
  11. #11  
    YAPS, I love it and its free.
  12. #12  
    SplashID and mSafe (BTW, your poll does not allow voting for this combo).
  13. 7zero's Avatar
    Posts
    214 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    #13  
    I use Passwords Plus and mSafe...though I have SplashID too, but haven't copied all of my PasswordsPlus info into it.
  14. #14  
    What is the best application to lock the phone/pda, similar to security application on Tungsten pda? Input password before using the phone or pda...

    Thanks for your comments.

    Cheers.
  15. #15  
    mSafe & Onlyme, if I had to only have 1 it would be Onlyme
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    SplashID and mSafe (BTW, your poll does not allow voting for this combo).
    I second this post
  17. #17  
    Does msafe work with the Treo 650? (the compatability list in the T650 forum suggests there are issues with the program). I used the program on my T600 and liked it a lot.

Posting Permissions