1.    #1  
    The latest update of Real Rhapsody includes support for 650.
    Real Rhapsody is too cool. I have had it for almost 6 months. Allows met to listen to 1,000,000 songs anywhere I have a computer.

Now they are supporting music transfers to the 650 and to my Ipod I-Shuffle. While I can only transfer music I own, I have probably 20,000 tracks of my own and all can be handled, transferred and burned from Real Rhapsody. The nice part is the interface for the I-shuffle is so much cleaner than I-tunes and unlike I-tunes, you can transfer the I-shuffle from computer to computer, with music. I-Tunes does not allow that.
  2. agi
    For a second I thought there is a version for 650 and will allow me to stream music on Treo
    Has anyone tried the new service? What I'm confused by is, if this service only allows transfers of music already you already own, how is it any different from the existing non-To Go service? I thought the lure of the To-Go services (Napster and now Rhapsody) was being able to transfer any and all music to an MP3 player. Unfortunately, the Rhapsody website does a terrible job of explaining which players are supported, and how.
    Here's the current list of supported players, with the type of support (Basic, Download, Subscription). Right now not very many players support the subscription service, but I suspect soon all new players will begin to support the To-Go services like Napster and Rhapsody. Hopefully Pocket Tunes will support it soon. That would be cool!

Basic: Plays simple MP3, WMA, AAC etc.
    Download: Plays all of the above, PLUS secure music purchased from Rhapsody
    Subscription: Plays all of the above, PLUS subscription downloads from Rhapsody To Go

[Edited to only list palmOne products. Sorry, I didn't realize the entire list was so long when I copy/pasted it.]
    palmOne Treo 600 Download
    palmOne Treo 650 Download
    palmOne Tungsten C Download
    palmOne Tungsten E Download
    palmOne Tungsten T Download
    palmOne Tungsten T2 Download
    palmOne Tungsten T3 Download
    palmOne Tungsten T5 Download
    palmOne Zire 31 Download
    palmOne Zire 71 Download
    palmOne Zire 72 Download
    Last edited by jesterjo; 05/09/2005 at 10:54 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by greendrinks
    Has anyone tried the new service? What I'm confused by is, if this service only allows transfers of music already you already own, how is it any different from the existing non-To Go service? I thought the lure of the To-Go services (Napster and now Rhapsody) was being able to transfer any and all music to an MP3 player. Unfortunately, the Rhapsody website does a terrible job of explaining which players are supported, and how.
    Yes, i have the service.

Prior to the new release, I could listen to Real Rhapsody anywhere I had a hard wired computer. Work, school, home.

The only difference now is that all of my other music (music I own) can be imported into Real Rhapsody. And Real Rhapsody can be used to be the transport mechnaism for both my ipod and my Treo 650.

This is much cleaner and easier than I-tunes and it allows me to transfer music between computers which my Ipod does not allow me with itunes.

So, still you cannot transport music you don't own unless you have one of the players which is supported (because it has protections for the music industry). but, it is much easier to use one interface for all the music you do.
    Using Real Rhapsody, can you transfer songs directly to your treo 650 (or to the sd card for your 650), without first having to burn them to cd and then rip them from the cd? In other words, is there a direct download like for the iPod? (PS Does anyone know of any other methods to transfer directly to the 650 besides Real Rhapsody?) Thanks.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by normane
    Using Real Rhapsody, can you transfer songs directly to your treo 650 (or to the sd card for your 650), without first having to burn them to cd and then rip them from the cd? In other words, is there a direct download like for the iPod? (PS Does anyone know of any other methods to transfer directly to the 650 besides Real Rhapsody?) Thanks.
    Yes, you can transfer songs directly to your 650 useing Real Rhapsody. And Palm One provides Real player for free, which will also transfer songs to the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Now they are supporting music transfers to the 650 and to my Ipod I-Shuffle. While I can only transfer music I own, I have probably 20,000 tracks of my own and all can be handled, transferred and burned from Real Rhapsody.
    20K tracks at ? .50-.99 per track? that is quite an expensive collection!
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotoru
    20K tracks at ? .50-.99 per track? that is quite an expensive collection!
    No, sorry if I mis-communicated. You can move your own music collection into it. Meaning, I can take my existing 700+ CD collection and transfer it in. Yes you can buy as well, which I do, but have been collecting CD's for many years.
    Any reason to install Rhapsody if someone has no purchased music, only unprotected MP3's?

Does Rhapsody come with a music library function on the PC that makes it easier to selcect songs based on keyword searches etc?

I have a huge collection of CD's, mostly various collections of hits by different artists. As such, I'm looking for music library software that will accept not only title/artist for the CD, but also separate artist/composer/etc for each track....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A