1.    #1  
    I was out yesterday, making calls, and the phone locked up in a reboot cycle. I needed the sync cable to do a hard reboot...but it was at home...is there another way to do one? I came home and ordered another cord to keep in the car....the sync button is on it.

I use backup software but without getting to the hard reboot, then my card where data is stored....I can't do a thing right?

Suggestions on how to manage this?

BTW, I suspect that AOL for Palm was the crashie....install it and crashed next day.....

Todd
    You dont need the sync cable to do a hard reset. You just hold down the power button while you press the reset hole pin in the back of the Treo.

You can then restore a backup from the card if you have a backup software that supports SD card backups, like BackupBuddyVFS. I would also do a checkpoint backup once a month and have it set to auto backup every night just in case.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  3.    #3  
    Will that work on the 650 or just 600? I'd love that-cause you have to be a contornisnist to do the other one-3 buttons and the pin hole on the back......
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by GaBoYnFla
    Will that work on the 650 or just 600? I'd love that-cause you have to be a contornisnist to do the other one-3 buttons and the pin hole on the back......
    Yes. The convoluted reset you describe is a Zero-Out Reset, which should never be necessary under normal circumstances.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro