Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Firmware v1.23

and, customizable
    Last edited by romvendor; 04/28/2005 at 03:22 AM.
    people! give this man some space please!!!

romvendor: is it a beta- or a proper ROW-version?
  3.    #3  
    I don't know, the version information is:

Firmware:01.23

Software:Treo650-1.06/5052/0...(out of screen)
    Quote Originally Posted by romvendor
    I don't know, the version information is:

Firmware:01.23

Software:Treo650-1.06/5052/0...(out of screen)
    I've lost my ftp server password. If I can find it, I'll tell you.
    If you have the new firmware installed, can you do this test for me:
    - install Softick RAM Drive or Palm RAM Disk and see if it works ?

Thanks...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    I've lost my ftp server password. If I can find it, I'll tell you.
    If you have the new firmware installed, can you do this test for me:
    - install Softick RAM Drive or Palm RAM Disk and see if it works ?

Thanks...
    you owe me a hardreset
    Firmware v1.23

and, customizable
    I have sent you a PM with ftp information. Please upload 1.23 there and let us know. Please do not remove any of the existing files on the ftp server as they're not mine. Thanks!

KS
  7.    #7  
    The file have been sent to jetkins
    I'll post it as soon as I get all the parts, whch is proving problematic right now.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    All parts finally arrived and re-constituted into a single .zip file here.

This appears to be an SD implementation only - contains a PALM directory to copy onto your SD card; no .exe to perform a cable upgrade.

Caveat executor - I cannot vouch for the content; I'm only providing hosting space for romvendor.
    Last edited by jetkins; 04/29/2005 at 01:36 AM.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Jeezis, didn't take long for our Asian friends to pick up on this. I'm getting hammered by hits referred from hi-pda.com and palmislife.com. At this rate, I'll have to move it off my personal server onto my ISP's site. Watch this space.
    OK, I've moved the file and updated the link in post #9 above.
    Where did you get this rom ? Is this working ?
    I wonder why PalmOne never published a ROM for us GSM unbranded users.

There were FW 1.15 (final), 1.21 (beta) and now 1.23 (beta ?).
    Will the first published be 1.50 ??
    Someone has said that the official update will be 1.25 and will come out around May 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    All parts finally arrived and re-constituted into a single .zip file here.

This appears to be an SD implementation only - contains a PALM directory to copy onto your SD card; no .exe to perform a cable upgrade.

Caveat executor - I cannot vouch for the content; I'm only providing hosting space for romvendor.
    I just applied the 1.23 update and so far so good. Minor things I've noticed:

* The startup screen no longer shows the Cingular logo (hope that doesn't matter).
    * Initially, I couldn't connect to the internet. However, after about 5min. the phone kicked-in and I could again get on the internet.
    * I used BackupBuddy VFS to backup my device before the update. I used the same to restore.
    * After the restore I have about 4.3MB of additional RAM.
    * After the install, I wound up having to delete the folder that was included in the .zip (otherwise, it would try to re-install the patch again).

My version numbers now state:

Firmware: 0.1.23
    Software: Treo650-1.06/5052/0 (there is more but I can't read it as it exceeds the screen width)
    Hardware: A

No other noticable differences thus far. My T650 was crashing after starting "Real Player" and selecting "Options/Preferences", no change there (works the same, reset that is). Aside from the additional memory, I haven't noticed anything different.

I'll keep you posted if I wind up having more or fewer resets. Actually, the reset issue has been a mute point over the last month or so (aside from the one that is consistently reproducable, above) ...
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    you owe me a hardreset
    thanks for the test; sorry for you (about the hard reset), you had a backup ?

So, that means it does not run on 1.23 too
    that nvfs fix caused it... I wonder if they'll fix it on 1.25.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonecool

No other noticable differences thus far. My T650 was crashing after starting "Real Player" and selecting "Options/Preferences", no change there (works the same, reset that is). Aside from the additional memory, I haven't noticed anything different.

I'll keep you posted if I wind up having more or fewer resets. Actually, the reset issue has been a mute point over the last month or so (aside from the one that is consistently reproducable, above) ...
    I cannot reproduce the problem you have with Real Player and selecting "Options/Preferences". I do not reset at this point nor when I use the application. It could be another third party app or a corrupt saved/unsaved preferences file.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilkeraktuna
    thanks for the test; sorry for you (about the hard reset), you had a backup ?

So, that means it does not run on 1.23 too
    that nvfs fix caused it... I wonder if they'll fix it on 1.25.
    Hi,

Why do you need palmramdisk on your Treo 650? You can access the built in storage using resco explorer.
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Mods - what about closing this tread.

There is already another tread for this - which most of the posters in this tread are aware of - at least many postings are more or less duplicated in both treads...

Here is the other tread - http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=82501
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    So, if we did the 1.21 upgrade, should we repeat the entire process, and do 1.23? Do we just do the firmware, or the entire upgrade??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast