1.    #1  
    I just got my replacement Treo 650 from SprintPCS, and of course, they gave me a refurbrished one. Everything seems to work fine, except I noticed that when the screen turns off, it quickly flashes to a super bright white screen, and then the screen turns off. It's super annoying when you're in a dark environment and not trying to attract any attention. Anyone know if there's anything I can do to fix this?
    It happened to me a few times, do a soft re-set it will clear it. I believe my was caused either by Snapper and/or Zlauncher.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    same thing happened to me after I rwceived a replacement Treo from Sprint. Very annoying in dark. I now just close my eyes to avois the flash. Soft reset does not fix it!
  4.    #4  
    Well, I'm glad I'm not the old one experiencing this problem. Too bad we'll just have to live with it though. Well, i'm sure something will go wrong w/ my Treo 650 which will prompt me to get another replacement in due time.
    Mine's doing the same thing. Brand spanking new. Why is it happening? All I did was load up Verichat. Is there a remedy?
    Last edited by BENJMNS; 05/09/2005 at 11:53 PM.
    Same thing happening with my new replacement from Sprint PCS...any remedies are greatly appreciated!!??
    Just be careful where you point that thing...

http://www.badastronomy.com/pix/mib_neuralyzer.jpg
    My wife just got her new 650 and it does not flash like mine does...I would be jealous, but hers has a loose battery door instead haha!
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    My replacement Treo also has this problem. Anybody else? Suggestions?
    Mine used to do the exact same thing....then I accidentally dropped my treo on the floor of a theatre...I picked the Treo up to make sure that it still worked...and noticed the FLASH went away.....worked for me, but I don't really suggest it! LOL!
    Count me in on this problem. My original had no problems except a once or twice a week random reset. This replacement flashes and resets at least once a day! My first one had the brocken headset jack and since I use it for Audible, PTunes (MP3) and Shoutcast a working headset/headphone is needed. I miss my first one.
    Elder Shawn, how high was the drop? What side hit the ground? What was the ground made out of? Was the gound carpeted? Could you just provide complete instructions and all variables. You might be able to sell them...
    1 of my prior 650's did this. I called PalmOne and spoke to a tech. He told me that some do this and it's no problem. It has to do with the "video memory". I have a new Rev. B that has a weird flash at times when changing programs. I've had approx 6 650's and 2 or 3 had the screen flash.
    I am currently on my FOURTH warranty replacement for Cingular. I'm calling today for my FIFTH. Check out my post.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=97816

My GF's Verizon Treo 650 works PERFECTLY.
    Just don't go into the light!

Chickenhawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    Elder Shawn, how high was the drop? What side hit the ground? What was the ground made out of? Was the gound carpeted? Could you just provide complete instructions and all variables. You might be able to sell them...
    Haha.....did I leave out that I nearly #*#& in my pants as it was falling? I was handing off the phone to my wife in a seated position (approx 2 ft high) which resulted in a classic fumble...hitting the cement floor (coated with a thin layer of sealant). The Treo was wrapped in this case and was in the ON position. It is not clear which part of the Treo hit the ground first...but the people sitting around us GASP on impact....the GASP may be the critical step in all of this.
    E. Shawn
    Considering where a Treo is most often utilized, #*#&ing your pants would be an appropriate punctuation to its final demise.
    I would have thought that besides the gasping of observers an incantation (blaspheming, and/or vulgarities) muttered by your self, would have been a critical element to the success of the magic.