1.    #1  
    So, my first official order from Treocentral came in. The ink oen/styli replacements, and the aforementioned screen protectors. Now don't get me wrong, I'm happy with both, and the screen protectors are easily the best I've ever seen. Only one problem. You don't put them on the same way as a normal one, and THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED. So the first one got fuzz, fingerprints, and all manner of assorted crap on it. No problem! Go to the sink and rinse it off, right? Yeah, except then the WATER leaves marks all over it. So you rinse again, then attempt to dry it off with every possible "non-lent" cloth you own, only to get crap all over it! You finally realize the only way to clean it is to air-dry it, so you blow. Do you now how hard it is to blow water off a plastic sheet WITHOUT getting small amounts of spittle on it? So now I'm really angry this damn screen protector is getting over on me, so? Hair dryer time! Works ok, except even then you have to put it on "high" (low doesn't blow hard enough) which then means it gets too hot to hold your hand close enough to do any good. So you finnaly just start blowing on it and eventually it drys off. BUT! Because you turned the hair dryer on it woke up your daughter and now your wife can't get to sleep, so you're out on the couch with only your Treo, and your high quality screen protector. This sucks, but the screen protector is good.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    The instructions say to shake it violently. Ok maybe they dont say violently but that is whats required.

BTW
    Funny post
    There were instructions on the back of the package on how to apply and how to wash.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4.    #4  
    What package? Mine came in a clear plastic envelope.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    It didn't come in a blue Boxwave-branded packet? Did you order Boxwave or TC screen-protectors? I realize now you said you ordered from TC, but they don't sell Boxwave.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I've found that using a can of air works as well, or better than, the hairdryer for clearing the water off the protector. And not as much noise... Once on it does work well.

EDIT: Yes, the Boxwave did have the directions on the back.
    Last edited by topher; 04/28/2005 at 10:04 AM.
    I got a 3 pack, and all 3 came in separate Boxwave-branded packets with directions on the back. Just like in the picture on their site.There are also directions on their site on how to apply and clean. Maybe they changed things since you all last ordered?

http://www.boxwave.com/products/clea...eo-650_550.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I got a 3 pack, and all 3 came in separate Boxwave-branded packets with directions on the back. Just like in the picture on their site.There are also directions on their site on how to apply and clean. Maybe they changed things since you all last ordered?

http://www.boxwave.com/products/clea...eo-650_550.htm
    Me too. The instructions also say not to worry about the little bit of water you cant get off. Just put it on and the water will evaporate in a short amount of time.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Oh yeah, it'll evaporate soon enough, however; depending on how hard your water is, it'll leave spots on your screen.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Dr. Doom: I think maybe you need to change the title of this thread. If you ordered from TC, you did NOT get Boxwave protectors, and shouldn't be criticizing Boxwave for something they had no involvement in.

If you did order from Boxwave, then I don't understand. My Boxwave protector came with instructions, as did the one I ordered 18 months ago for my 600.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    One thing I tried (and it took forever, but worked) was using scotch tape to get all the crap off the sticky side.
    My real Boxwaves came with instructions as well. I love my Boxwaves.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Okay, wow. I just got my Boxwave screen protectors and I must say that I am quite impressed! I love them, what can I say? I am one of those people who are not very good at applying screen protectors, but the Boxwave screen protectors go on without smudges or fingerprints. I will stick with them.
    Sprint PCS Treo 600 & 650
    Verizon Treo 700w
    www.James-K.com