1. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    I hope I'm not just dumb but I downloaded the trial version of Chatter today and I can't get my IMAP folders to sync. I can send messages fine and I can receive email on my POP account, so I don't think it's a problem with the install. I wasn't able to find out about the "idle" command, but my IMAP folders work fine in Outlook so I don't think it's the IMAP server. I was under the impression that if you don't have "idle" you have to manually sync but it would still work...

My ISP uses Modusmail. Thanks for any help, it seems like it would be a great program if I can get it to work.
  2. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    OK, I guess it's the IMAP on my ISP that was the problem - I signed up for a Fastmail account (I didn't know it was free!!) and it works just fine. Very impressive.
    What kind of server is your ISP using? Do you know?

Marc
  4. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    I called and they said it was a windows server, but he didn't seem to be too sure and the head guy wasn't in. They said before that it's running Modusmail (sp?). They're looking into it for me, so any info would help.

In the meantime, I've forwarded all my accounts to my Fastmail account, and it works just great. Generally I have to reply using the same account it was sent to, so for now I'm still using the Palmone mail to reply. I know you said before in your opinion the push feature isn't Chatter's greatest characteristic but for me that's all I'm using right now and it's fabulous.

Thanks! I'll be trying it for a few more days, and if it continues to work the way it has for the last 1/2 day I'll be buying it, even if my ISP can't get their act together.
    HSK:

"Generally I have to reply using the same account it was sent to, so for now I'm still using the Palmone mail to reply." <--What does that mean, that you are using the built in mail app and not chatter?

If it does mean that, why dont you just put in the settings for your outgoing mail server so it looks like email is coming from whatever account you want it too? BTW you can also set up extra smtp profiles as well (so you can send work emails from your treo).
    Quote Originally Posted by hsk
    I hope I'm not just dumb but I downloaded the trial version of Chatter today and I can't get my IMAP folders to sync. I can send messages fine and I can receive email on my POP account, so I don't think it's a problem with the install. I wasn't able to find out about the "idle" command, but my IMAP folders work fine in Outlook so I don't think it's the IMAP server. I was under the impression that if you don't have "idle" you have to manually sync but it would still work...

My ISP uses Modusmail. Thanks for any help, it seems like it would be a great program if I can get it to work.
    What exactly was the synching problem. I had a problem where Chatter would only see my inbox. No other custom folders could be found. On my email server I created an account with a "true" name of James Strickland. In Chatter, I went to the account setup. There was an option for Root. I placed James_Strickland in that space. Once I did that, the next time the folder list was reloaded, all of my custom folders were seen. Since then I have had no problems synching folders.
  7. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    If it does mean that, why dont you just put in the settings for your outgoing mail server so it looks like email is coming from whatever account you want it too? BTW you can also set up extra smtp profiles as well (so you can send work emails from your treo).
    Thanks! I set up three SMTP profile only's and none for the Fastmail account and tested them, works great - it makes you choose which account you're using to reply, so you don't get mixed up.
  8. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jstrickland
    What exactly was the synching problem. I had a problem where Chatter would only see my inbox. No other custom folders could be found. On my email server I created an account with a "true" name of James Strickland. In Chatter, I went to the account setup. There was an option for Root. I placed James_Strickland in that space. Once I did that, the next time the folder list was reloaded, all of my custom folders were seen. Since then I have had no problems synching folders.
    No, on mine I couldn't even see the inbox. Nothing. But I had the little blue envelope in the corner that said I was online, it wasn't a no-connection problem. I still haven't heard from my deadbeat ISP guys but I've got it working with Fastmail so I'm happy , for now.