1.    #1  
    For some reason, at times (and this usually happens immediately after I turn the Treo 650 off) when I attempt to turn the unit on, nothing happens, and I will have to press the power on button a second or sometimes even third time for it to respond. Has anyone else noticed or experienced this problem? Is this a potential hardware or software problem? Any help or information is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- marc
    help yourself by SEARCHING before you start a new thread on a topic that has been discussed repeatedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    help yourself by SEARCHING before you start a new thread on a topic that has been discussed repeatedly.
    Now Dutch, perhaps his "Search" button is not responding.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    maybe if you just don't respond he'll get the info he's looking for wo attitude from someone else
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    maybe if you just don't respond he'll get the info he's looking for wo attitude from someone else
    Ah, yes, the organic search engine - post your question and someone else will save you the trouble of looking.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  6.    #6  
    perhaps someone could point me to the right threads...

rather than just being completely unhelpful

thanks

p.s. in case you're actually interested, I did attempt to search for help to this problem before posting, but apparently i'm not "smart" enough to use the right search terms exactly, so I got 30 pages of results and unfortunately I didn't have the time to sort through each and every post so after the first few pages I thought I'd just make my own post and hopefully someone would be nice enough to respond or at least point me in the right direction...
    *sigh* Alright, I'll be your patsy. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=82421

As of right now, it's about the tenth thread in this forum - no searching required.

Oh, and there's a solution in post #27 - http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=27 - to save you having to read the whole thread.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    It is sad. In the short time I have been here some people have developed some major attitudes. In my opinion, if you don't want to help someone, simply don't. It takes just as long to write a negative comment as it does to write something that will help someone. Yes, searching is good. But we all know there are so many threads with duplicate responses and NUMEROUS off topic discussion due to whatever, that it is next to impossible to do a logical search.

So what if someone posts the same question again. Don't repsond if you don't like it. If you do answer, that may just make it that much easier for the next person to do a search and come up with an answer.

And of course, I have not helped by going off topic myself.

Sorry,
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    So what if someone posts the same question again. Don't repsond if you don't like it. If you do answer, that may just make it that much easier for the next person to do a search and come up with an answer.
    However, a thorough search would probably be quicker than typing out a new thread, and waiting for a response.

Think of it as "tough love"
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    So what if someone posts the same question again.
    You already answered this before you asked it:
    But we all know there are so many threads with duplicate responses and NUMEROUS off topic discussion due to whatever, that it is next to impossible to do a logical search.
    In my opinion, if you don't want to help someone, simply don't.
    I completely agree with this.

It takes just as long to write a negative comment as it does to write something that will help someone.
    Not exactly, especially if you were to take the time to do the searching, etc. I think that's why people tend to jump in with the "try a search" replies.

There... I'm also now guilty of straying off topic.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    However, a thorough search would probably be quicker than typing out a new thread, and waiting for a response.
    This is very true. Also, many of the "repeat" questions already answered in active threads still appear on the first page of the forum. Just a quick perusal of the thread titles can usually lead to the desired answers.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    It is sad. In the short time I have been here some people have developed some major attitudes. In my opinion, if you don't want to help someone, simply don't. It takes just as long to write a negative comment as it does to write something that will help someone. Yes, searching is good. But we all know there are so many threads with duplicate responses and NUMEROUS off topic discussion due to whatever, that it is next to impossible to do a logical search.

And of course, I have not helped by going off topic myself.

Sorry,

I thought I was helping?????? My advice is to search before starting a thread on a topic that has been discussed at length...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...button+problem

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...button+problem

I searched for "power button poblem" annd found these two threads right off of the bat.

I stick to my original advice...HELP YOURSELF FIRST BY SEARCHING!

To anyone else...if you want to do some elses searching for them...go for it.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Jetkins you da man ... actually posting a link directly to the solution & it's somewhere near the top of the thread.
    I usually browse these boards on my Treo & not having to wade through page after page of off topic "use the search posts" sure made it nice. I tend to fall on the side of, if you don't have something nice to say or useful to add don't post. I also think it would be nice for Treo Central to excerpt some of this useful information and organize it on a separate web page. The stickies don't seem to be very useful for this. In the bad old days, we used to call this a FAQ. I would be willing to donate my time if manpower is an issue.
    There is a FAQ that covers many of the topics that get repeated.

http://www.treocentral.com/content/FAQ/index.htm
    It is sad. In the short time I have been here some people have developed some major attitudes. In my opinion, if you don't want to help someone, simply don't. It takes just as long to write a negative comment as it does to write something that will help someone.
    Well said. I remember in the early days, leading up to the 300's release (and essentially for its entire life) how everyone was so helpful and pleasant. This board was a wealth of information and a source of people who would help almost anyone. Things began to change when the 600 came out, and it's just gotten worse. The site is nothing like it used to be - not as much activity, not as much breaking news, and definetly not the community that it used to be. It's too bad, ultimately everyone loses out. Bring on the flames - I fully expect them on today's board.

Dunc
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc
    Well said. I remember in the early days, leading up to the 300's release (and essentially for its entire life) how everyone was so helpful and pleasant. This board was a wealth of information and a source of people who would help almost anyone. Things began to change when the 600 came out, and it's just gotten worse. The site is nothing like it used to be - not as much activity, not as much breaking news, and definetly not the community that it used to be. It's too bad, ultimately everyone loses out. Bring on the flames - I fully expect them on today's board.

Dunc
    I think a large part of the problem is also the audiance that the treo now attracts. How many 300's were sold? When the 600 came there were a ton of tech newbs that came with a lot of questions. When the 650 was released there were a lot more. Now that they have become somewhat literate, less "obvious" questions are asked and the board has definately calmed down. When the next gen comes and everyone who gets one thinks they are the first to think of something I am sure the flury will start again and eventually calm down, and so on and so on.

Does anybody know how many members there were when the 300 was new? I would bet there were less members then than there are weekly posts now.
    I nominate dutchtrumpet for forum police. Yay!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    As usual, I'll dis Battery Graph.

If you're using Battery Graph, it can cause slow startups as it logs the data. The database gets quite large and takes the Palm a few seconds to parse sometimes. This happens each power on, as BG runs itself 'in the background' each power on.

I wonder if this is better with NVFS fix, the database might be smaller.. Although likely won't make a difference as the disk utilization is smaller, not the database..