1.    #1  
    Can the 650 be configured to sound the ringer in the earpiece of either the corded or bluetooth headset with an incoming call? Can it be configured so it will autoanswer when cycling/driving with it stuffed inside a coat pocket?
    Last edited by rich_nelmes; 04/27/2005 at 03:54 PM.
    My 650 does ring the ringer sound in the wired earbud, it does not with BT. I am using Ringo Pro (I dont know if this matters) and even MP3's play in the earbud.

E44
    if you get the Treo wireless headset 3206WW, it will ring in the headset.
    I use the Logitech Mobile Pro headset for my BT needs. It's probably not the best on the market, but I am deaf in my right ear and have to wear a hearing aid in my left. It seemed to be the only BT headset that was semi-compatible with my hearing aid because it does have to go into the ear so-to-speak.

But to answer your question...with this Logitech, it does ring in the ear by default already...no 3rd party app needed.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    My T600 didn't ring in the ear-piece so I was pleasantly surprised when it did so on my T650. It sounds to me like you have a bad phone or ear-piece (as I must have had on my T600).
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  6.    #6  
    Great to read that it works with both the corded and wireless headset 3206WW. Now I am happy to go any buy a 650. Especially as I spotted it today down to 220 on expansys if I switch from O2 to Vodafone. My wife will be pleased that I will be able to hear her calling when cycling. I have missed 100's of calls when cycling with my 180g because I could not hear the ringer when it was stuffed inside my coat. Too much Led Zepplin and Pink Floyd means my hearing is down a little from 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_nelmes
    Can the 650 be configured to sound the ringer in the earpiece of either the corded or bluetooth headset with an incoming call? Can it be configured so it will autoanswer when cycling/driving with it stuffed inside a coat pocket?
    My Cardo Scala BT headset plays "God Save the King" in a tinny little MIDI tone when the Treo rings. You can set the phone to answer only if you push the button, after two rings, or immediately. The "immediately" setting has surprised me once or twice when I didn't realize that I was on an active call until I heard someone say "Hello?" in my ear.
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    I have teh same problem where the incoming ringer doesnt ring in the earbuds. How can I fix or change it?
    I have the SE hbh-660 BT headset. It rocks!!! Rings in ear even when treo is on silent. You can also configure to answer immed, 2 rings or 4.

10.    #10  
    Just taken delivery of my 650. Tried the supplied handsfree kit and yesss! it rings a pleasent ticking tune in the earbud during an incoming call. Dead pleased that not going to miss anymore calls when I am cycling like I did with my 180g.
    just a thought... mine has to be in vibrate mode with the top switch to ring in a wired earbud