1.    #1  
    I know there is a thread called, "New Treo reset weirdness..." but there are some many threads on resets that the title does not address my issue.

Can Anyone Send Anything via Bluetooth, SMS, or VersaMail from the Treo 650?

I can not send anything. It resets every time.

##377 on Sprint Phone reveals:

"A reset was caused on 04/27/05 at 4:12pm while running "Contacts": Preferences.c, Line:263, Pref DB Open Error"

It is not just the Contacts, it is everything. The problem is with the send command period. I tried to send an app from the normal launcher:

"A reset was caused on 04/27/05 at 4:16pm while running "Applications": Preferences.c, Line:263, Pref DB Open Error"

"A reset was caused on 04/27/05 at 4:18pm while running "Calendar": Preferences.c, Line:263, Pref DB Open Error"

The same thing happens. I click on "Send" from the drop down menu and nothing happens. Did I click it or not? Once it is reclicked, CRASH.

I am on a Sprint 650 with the Update to 1.08. I am pretty sure it did the same on my Unlocked device.

When I paired up my T3 and tried to send from the T3 to thetreo 650, it found it and got the "Bluetooth Progress...Connecting in Progress" but failed the first time. The second time it worked.

When sending from the Treo 650 to the T3, the problem explained above happens. The Treo 650 never shows the "Send With" dialog box. The "Send With" dialog box should pop up when you select Send to allow you to send via Bluetooth, SMS, VeriChat (if installed) or VersaMail. This screen never shows up on the Treo 650.

Can anyone send a contact, event, memo, task or application via Bluetooth, SMS, VeriChat (if installed) or VersaMail?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Yeah, Carl, I send files all the time: Bluetooth, SMS, SnapperMail; it's not a problem. You've screwed up your Saved Preferences file, I'll bet. Hard reset and only load a test file to your empty Treo 650; you should be able to send it.
    I can send via bluetooth, SMS and versamail, havent tried snapper mail. My problem is beaming things - I can recieve a beamed contact or picture or whatever no problem, but I cannot beam to others...any suggestions??
    Quote Originally Posted by heyknee2
    I can send via bluetooth, SMS and versamail, havent tried snapper mail. My problem is beaming things - I can recieve a beamed contact or picture or whatever no problem, but I cannot beam to others...any suggestions??
    Well, I can both beam and be beamed...(ha). If it really bothers you, I'd suggest something along the same lines: hard reset, create a test memo and try to beam it. If that works, then you know the problem is app-related; reinstall apps and test beaming after every few installs.
    thanks bill, i will try it
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice
    "A reset was caused on 04/27/05 at 4:12pm while running "Contacts": Preferences.c, Line:263, Pref DB Open Error"

It is not just the Contacts, it is everything.
    I am suddenly getting the same exact problem you are having. I've been able to send things no problem up to this point. The last program I have installed was LauncherX.
    Any luck figuring out what causes this error? It seems pretty popular. On my Treo, I think it may be Zlauncher, anyways, for those with this error, what other programs do you have installed? Maybe we all may have one in common.
    I never figured out what program was causing it... Doing a hard reset and restoring from a backup fixed the problem for me... Very annoying.
    Well, did a hard reset and then hotsynced programs back on. Fixed the send error and freed up a little over a MB. Everything worked except for my Ptunes, which required me to reregister, but it's all good. Thx
    I have been experiencing this problem as well. Fortunately, I have several different old backups still on my sd card, and I was able to find one backup set where the "send" command would still work. Will take a look at what the difference is between this set and the ones that don't work, see if I can isolate the problem.
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    all you need to do is delete unsaved pref not only from the handheld but also from the backup folder on the computer.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Thanks, gt5l. Tried your advice, deleted unsaved pref, then restored a previous version (thank goodness for backups). Send works now. Saved me lots of work!

Wondering if perhaps Verichat is the cause of the resets? I noticed that when I first installed Verichat, it added a new entry in the "Send" command, for sending through Verichat. When the 30 day trial period expired, I removed Verichat. Wonder if the removal removed the entry in the "Send" command? Did any of the others with this problem previously install and remove Verichat?
    Pilot Professional 1MB -> Palm III -> Palm 515 -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Hi,

I had the same issue. I just overwrote the Unsaved Prefs file from a backup and it works. I was using Verichat and then uninstalled it since I dont use it that much.
    So it is verichat that was causing this problem? Anyone else have a similar experience?
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice

Can anyone send a contact, event, memo, task or application via Bluetooth, SMS, VeriChat (if installed) or VersaMail?
    I am on VZW and though probably unrelated, I at first had great success with VersaMail but now can't use it at all. I've read a lot of "reset nightmare" posts here and at other locales in regard to the VersaMail app.

Pamela