1.    #1  
    Since the speakerphone is sometimes not really loud enough, I would like to have some external speakers (just one is enough really) that I can plug in so the people around the desk can all hear. Is there already such a product? Could I plug in just some amplified PC speakers?

I prefer hard wired over bluetooth as one set of speakers would be at a desk where 3+ Treos would come to use it and plugging in a cable is the lowest common denominator.

Thanks for any info!
    you can hook it up to pc speakers but I believe the problem will be speaking because I believe the microphone becomes not usable. I used the treo to play mp3s in a car with a tape adapter and I would be able to hear the caller through the car speakers but they could not hear me speaking into the treo.. u need some type of workaround because with the same scenario I explained above I was able to use my bluetooth headset fine but hearing the caller through the car speakers...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    you can hook it up to pc speakers but I believe the problem will be speaking because I believe the microphone becomes not usable. I used the treo to play mp3s in a car with a tape adapter and I would be able to hear the caller through the car speakers but they could not hear me speaking into the treo.. u need some type of workaround because with the same scenario I explained above I was able to use my bluetooth headset fine but hearing the caller through the car speakers...
    Then you are using the wrong adapter.

Many people have been using cassette adaters and FM wirelesss tramsmitters as speakerphone with the internal mic for years.
    others have reported the same.. I heard that it worked that way with the 600 but from my personal experience it doesn't with the 650 or maybe its just mine....
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Would be nice for a volume booster like PTunes has where I can increase by 3DB or 6DB.